Graphics
EVGA GTX 750TI 2GB FTW
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been having a hard time with the bootloader, its not working when i attempt to install to disk.

I previously had a 1TB HD and the bootloader will give me error 0 at system startup, i followed the steps required via the terminal in Utility at install time but that resulted in the same screenshot below...

I currently have a Samsung 850 PRO 128GB SSD as the only drive, i installed Chimera via Multibeast and got the same exact screenshot..

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? I Checked my BIOS settings and everything is as recommended in the Installation guide.

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    672 KB · Views: 118
Does the Samsung 850 PRO 128GB SSD need the TRIM patch? Did you fix the boot0 error correctly?

Does the Samsung 850 PRO 128GB SSD need the TRIM patch? Did you fix the boot0 error correctly?

Khan, The boot0 error happened only when i had my 1TB Drive in, before i bought this 128GB SSD. Boot0 error doesn't appear to happen with the SSD, but instead i get that screenshot I posted.

It happened with the 1TB drive, after i fixed the boot0 error and now its happening with the SSD too. Not really sure what is causing it.

I haven't applied any kexts, nor the TRIM patch. Note that this is also a fresh install, right after installing 10.10 via tonymac's tutorial, I used multibeast to install just Chimera, but no luck. Any ideas?

Khan, The boot0 error happened only when i had my 1TB Drive in, before i bought this 128GB SSD. Boot0 error doesn't appear to happen with the SSD, but instead i get that screenshot I posted.

It happened with the 1TB drive, after i fixed the boot0 error and now its happening with the SSD too. Not really sure what is causing it.

I haven't applied any kexts, nor the TRIM patch. Note that this is also a fresh install, right after installing 10.10 via tonymac's tutorial, I used multibeast to install just Chimera, but no luck. Any ideas?

You should follow this guide :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back