Sapphire HD5670 512MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey guys,

i have a problem with booting windows through chimera. I bought a new hdd and wanted to install both osx lion and windows7. I first installed osx, then i wanted to install windows 7 in normal mode (not efi/gpt) but it doesnt want to use the gpt-hdd i installed osx to. then i tried to boot the windows setup in efi-mode and the setup extracted the installer files to a new partition it created itself in the free space of the hdd. But after reboot i couldnt select the windows partition in chimera. I think there is a problem with recognizing windows-gpt-partitions. Is there any chance to get both systems working on one hdd?

greets

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.

I have a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (Rev 1.3, F8 BIOS) with Hybrid-BIOS. I configured the BIOS to EFI boot and installed Window 7 Pro 64bit on a drive that I partitioned with GPT partitions using diskpart (the windows gpt aware partitioning tool).

Windows 7 is working fine and I can boot it with the EFI extensions of the Gigabyte BIOS.

I left room for a OS X partition. How do I get both operating systems onto the single GPT partitioned drive and then get a bootloader menu (Chameleon, Chimera, whatever?) to choose between them at boot time?

Last time I tried copying a working Lion installation to a drive like this using the disk utility of Lion to copy a partition. After that Windows 7 no longer booted and I didn't have Chimera, either (despite running it in Multibeast after booting the Lion partition using Chimera on a UniBeast stick).

What I'm worried about is that I can't boot Windows 7 using the Chimera on the USB stick - it tells me "BOOTMGR missing". Is Chimera even capable of booting a Windows 7 on GPT partitioned drive?

Sorry for bumping an old thread but i have a very similar problem.

I want to dual boot OSX Lion and Win 7 on my 128Gb SSD.

I have created the partitions using OSX, GUID, HFS for OSX and FAT for Windows.

Install Windows in EFI mode by formatting the FAT partition to NTFS an install. This is ok. Win 7 works.

Now i use Carbon Cloner to clone my lion install to the HFS partition on the SSD. This is ok, and i can boot into OSX. However Chimera will not let me boot Windows! Missing BootMGR message.

Any ideas?

Hi guys. Chimera/Chameleon is a bios booter. It can not boot windows in efi mode. Only in bios mode. And for this you need mbr (or hybrid) disk and classic bios win booter installed on win partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back