Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

Is there a way to turn off the boot delay in chimera so that my hackintosh can boot faster? Or is the loading bar representing something else?

Thanks in advance!

I am hoping to do the opposite actually (Want to increase delay), so jumping in to remember this thread

It's funny 2 days ago I was happy just to boot in safe mode, now I'm already becoming OCD with fine tuning everything. :angel:

Hi guys,

Is there a way to turn off the boot delay in chimera so that my hackintosh can boot faster? Or is the loading bar representing something else?

Thanks in advance!
This can be done by editing the org.chameleon.boot.plist you can find this file in root/extra folder copy it to the desktop and open with text edit and edit the string
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

make me it look like
<string></string>
Save and close
Delete the one in the extra folder now by authenticating with your password or back it up then delete it and now move the edited version to the extra folder and authenticate it with your password you may have to change the number to zero or n I'm not exactly sure cause I usually change it to Instant Menu cause I'm dual booted and like to select which install I want

- - - Updated - - -

I am hoping to do the opposite actually (Want to increase delay), so jumping in to remember this thread

It's funny 2 days ago I was happy just to boot in safe mode, now I'm already becoming OCD with fine tuning everything. :angel:
In your case follow my instructions and change the number higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back