Contribute
Register

Chimera: Apple Logo for a second, then reboot! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H97M ITX
CPU
i3 4370K @ 4.0 GHz
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
MOBO: H97M-ITX

CPU: Intel i3

RAM: 8 GBs

Graphics: Integrated Intel

So I used Unibeast to install Lion onto my USB and everything was going swimmingly, and when I booted to Chimera for the first time, I pressed enter and the following is the chain of events that ensued upon pressing enter...

Black screen...
Apple Logo for half a second...
Reboot back to Chimera.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.:D

MOBO: H97M-ITX

CPU: Intel i3

RAM: 8 GBs

Graphics: Integrated Intel

So I used Unibeast to install Lion onto my USB and everything was going swimmingly, and when I booted to Chimera for the first time, I pressed enter and the following is the chain of events that ensued upon pressing enter...

Black screen...
Apple Logo for half a second...
Reboot back to Chimera.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.:D

There is no kernel support in OS X Lion for your hardware. You will have more success creating a Yosemite USB installer that supports the 9 series chipset.

I would love to use Yosemite, but the only two real Macs I own are very old, so I can't run the version of Unibeast required to make a Yosemite thumbstick. Alternatives?

There is no kernel support in OS X Lion for your hardware. You will have more success creating a Yosemite USB installer that supports the 9 series chipset.

I would love to use Yosemite, but the only two real Macs I own are very old, so I can't run the version of Unibeast required to make a Yosemite thumbstick. Alternatives? :banghead:

Alternatives? :banghead:

As P1LGRIM posted you can start with Snow Leopard and update to 10.6.8 to get the App Store, download Yosemite.

See a friend that has a newer Mac to create the Yosemite installer.

Visit a local Library and see if you can create one there.

The thing is, again, I CAN'T RUN the version of Unibeast required to install Yosemite on SNOW LEOPARD 1.6.8. It just won't run.

You seem to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

You use this procedure on your new hardware - Your old Macs have no part in the process.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/60255-simplest-mac-os-x-installation-guide.html

You use iBoot and the Snow Leopard DVD on your new hardware which enables you to download Yosemite from the app store and then create your UniBeast installer.

I don't have an optical drive.

Let me make sure I understand the problem.
1. Your "real" Macs are too old to run Yosemite.
2. Your only version to download latest is Lion.
3. You have created a Lion USB installer using UniBeast.
4. You are trying to install Lion on 9 series hardware so you can upgrade to Yosemite or El Capitan not that is is out.
5. You do not have an optical drive so installing SL is not a possibility.

Do I have this correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back