Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
I7
Graphics
Built-In
I have 2 drives. The boot drive loaded with Lion and and Multibeast 4.02. The second drive with XP. My boot screen shows Lion and XP as boot options. If I choose Lion everything works as expected and the system boots into Lion. If I choose XP I get a blank screen and flashing cursor.
To boot XP I need to go to my bios boot screen and choose the XP drive.

Will Chimera boot XP?

Thanks

Motherboard
HP XW8600
CPU
dual quad core Xeon 2.5
Graphics
Radeon HD 5770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Same problem here. I have one drive with Win 7 64 and Xp 32 on separate partitions which boots fine alone if set as the first boot drive, using the Windows 7 bootloader, to XP (and Win 7 of course).

Adding another drive to the machine loaded with Chimera and Lion, and setting it as the boot drive in BIOS, boots fine with Chimera and Lion, and also to the Win 7 loader and thus to Win &, but XP naturally does not boot with this setup, as for XP to boot, the drive it is installed on needs to be set the boot drive in BIOS.

I tried installing Chimera to the hidden partition on the drive with the WIndows installations while booted to the Mac (as Chimera is a mac install of course), but that just screwed everything up - nothing booted. (Maybe I did something wrong, and I am going to have another go at doing this, and will report my experience in detail in another post.)

To me the solution would be somehow to get a Chimera install to work on from the hidden boot partition of the Win 7 installation, so that Chimera becomes the boot loader when my disk with the Windows installations (7 and XP) is set in Bios to be the first boot - which is the only way for XP to work.

MacMan

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - 2606 - UEFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ahallasjr said:
I have 2 drives. The boot drive loaded with Lion and and Multibeast 4.02. The second drive with XP. My boot screen shows Lion and XP as boot options. If I choose Lion everything works as expected and the system boots into Lion. If I choose XP I get a blank screen and flashing cursor.
To boot XP I need to go to my bios boot screen and choose the XP drive.

Will Chimera boot XP?

Thanks
There was a bug in the installer that is now fixed. Reinstall Chimera using either the standalone installer or from within MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.