1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
chim.png
Chimera has been updated to version 4.0 with support for OS X Yosemite. Chimera is recommended for all users, and will be included by default in the next MultiBeast and UniBeast releases.

Chimera v4.0 Changes:
  • Based on Chimera v3.0.1 with lzvn support from Chameleon 2.2 r2400.
  • Added general OS X Yosemite fixes by viv xix
  • Added OS X Yosemite reboot loop fix by Piker Alpha
  • Added additional OS X Yosemite fixes
Chimera is an official branch of the Chameleon open-source bootloader project.

We all owe a great deal of gratitude to Piker Alpha, who came up with the lzvn compression code, a fix for Yosemite reboot loop, and more. Chameleon LZVN decompression routine by MinusZwei "C Conversion" based on works from Piker Alpha and AnV Software (Andy Vandijck).

A standalone installer including updated themes for Yosemite is now available at tonymacx86.com/downloads. To update from any earlier version of Chimera, simply run the .pkg and reboot. For bug reporting, feature requests, and general feedback please use the Chimera Forum.

Related:
Chimera 3.0 Update
Chimera HD Graphics Bootflags: IGPEnabler, IGPlatformID, and IGPDeviceID
How to Use HDAEnabler module with Chimera
Chimera 2.2 Update
Chimera 2.1 Now Available
Chimera 2.0 Now Available
Chimera 1.11.1 Update

tonymacx86 Wiki: Chimera
tonymacx86 Forum: The Tools > Chimera
VoodooProjects > Chameleon > Chimera Source

Last edited by a moderator:
The following forum rules will be enforced until Yosemite is released:

• Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban.

Please refrain from posting of install guides or requests for help until release date.
Any such posts will be removed until public release of OS X Yosemite.

when is this available?

Article: Chimera 4.0 Update

I meant Unibeast

I'm assuming that the focus on any potential future OS X release is just in the event Apple announces such a release, and that this is fine to install on Mavericks?

I'm assuming that the focus on any potential future OS X release is just in the event Apple announces such a release, and that this is fine to install on Mavericks?
This release is backwards compatible, I'm running it on my main hack which is running Mavericks.

I hope this doesn't violate the terms and excuse me if it does but is this update coinciding with the new beta or just pre-released for Thursday?

I hope this doesn't violate the terms and excuse me if it does but is this update coinciding with the new beta or just pre-released for Thursday?
Hurry up and wait and see. :thumbup:

This release is to support Yosemite whenever it gets officially released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back