Contribute
Register

Chimera 3.0 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 3.0 Update

Is there any way to confirm that the update was completed successfully? Is the currently installed version number somewhere?

In Terminal, type:
bdmesg|head

Hey guys this might me a noob question but:

I am trying to install this but after the install process I get nothing no app or whatsoever. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I'm running OS X 10.9.2 on my HP Probook 4530s with Clover bootloader.

Would I get any advantage if I install Chimera 3.0? Should I remove Clover before installing Chimera 3.0 or both can co-exist:

thank you in advance

Hi!
I'm running a "triple-boot" (10.9 / 10.8 / 10.6) and I've noticed that a Chimera > 2.0.1 won't boot my 10.6 partition if it's on a different disk: do you think it's something likely to be fixed in 3.0?
N.B.: as far as I've noticed, 10.9 needs at least Chimera 2.1.2 (I have to keep 10.6 on the same HD to have it working)...
Thanks! :thumbup:

… so, I'm answering to myself ;):
Chimera 3.0.1 broke sleep on my 10.8.5 partition, that's enough for reverting to 2.2.1. :wave: :cool:

MacMan, would you please update your svn branch? Thanks for your hard work…
I won't be able to put up the full Chimera source until next weekend as I had a personal situation come up and will be traveling.

In the meantime here are all of the files I modified for Chimera 3.

View attachment Chimera 3.0.1 Files.zip

Bootloader screen does not report current version of Chimera.

Bootloader screen does not report current version of Chimera.

Yea- it's only reported in the log now. Open terminal and type bdmesg, and you'll see log output from boot.

The fix is for reporting correct clock and bus speed.

Purely cosmetic but was annoying to me.

How about the C- and P-state issues rising from oveclocked Haswells at any clock speeds over 4.3Ghz?

Let's see, how can I put this? You rock? You're the awesome-nest? I very much appreciate that you've done this for this community and you've greatly improved the quality of my life? No, none of those seem to cover it. Oh well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back