Contribute
Register

Chimera 3.0 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 3.0 Update

Hi TonymacX86,

Great work with the release of Chimera 3.0 some great new features there, however I was drawn to your comments a few posts back with regards to support for iMessage/FileNVRAM so I'll need to update my iMessage guide (Part 2 - SId Bug) to cover Chimera 3.0

Can you please confirm the following:-

1. Previous version of Chimera allowed injection of the BIOS value 'SystemID' via the Key 'SystemId' in boot.chameleon.org.plist, however recent releases of Chameleon inject the SystemID via 'SMsystemuuid' in SMBIOS.plist can you please confirm if Chimera 3.0 has followed suit ?

2. Up until now FileNVRAM.dynlib version 1.1.3 did not work for most people using chimera, (confirmed & reported 1000 of times by users following my guide) Is it now a case that if you update to Chimera 3.0 it is also necessary to update FileNVRAM to version 1.1.3 or should they stay with 1.1.2 ?

It will be useful to be able to confirm the correct fix to apply for users of Chimera 3.0 and motherboards that are effected by the SId Bug (see guide).

I'd love to have a go at a Brix Pro System soon, so great to see support added in this update.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers
Jay

As for #1, I'm not sure- as stated MacMan has used latest Chameleon as the codebase, so I assume this is the case.

2. Use FileNVRAM 1.1.3 (latest release) and it will work best.

thank you :thumbup:

Let me know if it works. It has not been confirmed yet, just a hunch on my part.

Hi TonymacX86,

Great work with the release of Chimera 3.0 some great new features there, however I was drawn to your comments a few posts back with regards to support for iMessage/FileNVRAM so I'll need to update my iMessage guide (Part 2 - SId Bug) to cover Chimera 3.0

Can you please confirm the following:-

2. Up until now FileNVRAM.dynlib version 1.1.3 did not work for most people using chimera, (confirmed & reported 1000 of times by users following my guide) Is it now a case that if you update to Chimera 3.0 it is also necessary to update FileNVRAM to version 1.1.3 or should they stay with 1.1.2 ?

I'd love to have a go at a Brix Pro System soon, so great to see support added in this update.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers
Jay

I'm still on fileNVRAM 1.1.2 - applied this update - and iMessage is definitely functional. At this point, I'm reluctant to change

There are a few cool things about this update-

Firstly with the changes to ULV CPUs, and the addition of injection of mobile HD 4400/5200 graphics, the BRIX and BRIX PRO now work with the default UniBeast/MultiBeast method. The only change now is to run Chimera 3.0 on your UniBeast stick. Then proceed as usual.

Second, you can use HDAEnabler module (now included but not enabled) instead of HDAEnabler1.kext. I'm going to put out a post shortly to outline how to use in your boot.plist. For now documentation is here: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/c...2215/trunk/i386/modules/HDAEnabler/Readme.txt

Thirdly, the integrated graphics have been improved greatly with changes to the IGPEnabler defaults- more on that shortly as well.

All in all, great update- three cheers to Macman and the developers.

Thanks so much guys, the new direction for chimera makes a lot of sense. I'm looking forward to the articles with more details.
Thakns,
g\

I'm still on fileNVRAM 1.1.2 - applied this update - and iMessage is definitely functional. At this point, I'm reluctant to change

Thats good to know,

I try updating some of my machines to Chimera 3 and try FileNVRAM V1.1.3 over the next few days and see if iMessage continues to work ok. If its looks like Chimera 3 and FileNVRAM V1.1.3 work well together I'll update the iMessage guide accordingly. Until proven otherwise I think that Chimera <V3 users should stick with FileNVRAM 1.1.2

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back