Contribute
Register

Chimera 3.0 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After update the Instant menu shows a Windows drive (good) and a HFS+ Drive (it was a OSX drive before). When I click the HFS+ drive I get to the correct menu: OSX and Windows. Basically a double Menu. Any ideas? Tried searching but cant find any answer.
Thanks

EDIT: SOLVED. Apparently Chimera had changed partition numbers.

Heard from MacVidCards that the Maxwell architecture is not yet supported.....
(nvidia gtx 750 ti graphic card), maybe..

Tonymac. I don't see it mentioned in the list of changes but does this fix the infamous Ivy Bridge bug wherein copy protected movies won't play (handshake) in iTunes?

Article: Chimera 3.0 Update

Try with new Chimera and this patch:

Code:
sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.bak
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x86\x80\x16\x0a|\x86\x80\x1e\x04|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

thank you :thumbup:

5GTs L2/3 booted, thank you..

is this the bit for example where my cpu is reported as 3.39GHz instead of 3.4? if so then it doesn't change that it still reports 3.39GHz after installation and reboot of this update.

Just curious.......

Great job guys!
What about Sandy Bridge six core i7 3930K on X79 UP4/5 mob with GTX GPU cards?
Any improvements on that sort of setups, maybe on GPU PM?
Or is this update more related to newer cpu/integrated graphics architectures?
And if so, is now newer 22nm Intel Core i7-4930K fully compatible out-the-box on those mob?
I've read some issues with those kind of setups because of Chimera 2.x, whene instead clover installations were more reliable.
Thanks.

When upgrading via the pkg, does it remember my settings (such as quiet boot)?

Hi!
I'm running a "triple-boot" (10.9 / 10.8 / 10.6) and I've noticed that a Chimera > 2.0.1 won't boot my 10.6 partition if it's on a different disk: do you think it's something likely to be fixed in 3.0?
N.B.: as far as I've noticed, 10.9 needs at least Chimera 2.1.2 (I have to keep 10.6 on the same HD to have it working)...
Thanks! :thumbup:

P.S.: having issues with my posts, here, displaying 3 or none depending on the browser... o_O

Hi TonymacX86,

Great work with the release of Chimera 3.0 some great new features there, however I was drawn to your comments a few posts back with regards to support for iMessage/FileNVRAM so I'll need to update my iMessage guide (Part 2 - SId Bug) to cover Chimera 3.0

Can you please confirm the following:-

1. Previous version of Chimera allowed injection of the BIOS value 'SystemID' via the Key 'SystemId' in boot.chameleon.org.plist, however recent releases of Chameleon inject the SystemID via 'SMsystemuuid' in SMBIOS.plist can you please confirm if Chimera 3.0 has followed suit ?

2. Up until now FileNVRAM.dynlib version 1.1.3 did not work for most people using chimera, (confirmed & reported 1000 of times by users following my guide) Is it now a case that if you update to Chimera 3.0 it is also necessary to update FileNVRAM to version 1.1.3 or should they stay with 1.1.2 ?

It will be useful to be able to confirm the correct fix to apply for users of Chimera 3.0 and motherboards that are effected by the SId Bug (see guide).

I'd love to have a go at a Brix Pro System soon, so great to see support added in this update.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back