Radon RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed Chimera 3.0.1 with the latest Multibeast, 6.3, and it reboots immediately after I select the OS. I think I see the Apple logo for about 1/10th of a second. I ended up reverting to Chimera 2.2.1 from the previous Multibeast and everything works fine.

Here is my original (2.2.1) org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

I run without a DSDT on a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UDP motherboard with UEFI BIOS.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1900x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,2) hd(2,2)</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Rename Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2) "OSX 10.9.1 Mavericks"; "System Reserved" "Windows 7"</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>CleanMac</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

----------------

And here is the 3.0.1 Chimera org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>hd(0,2) "OSX 10.9.3 Mavericks"; "System Reserved" "Windows 7"</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Did you manage to fix this problem? I've narrowed it down to the "Rename Partition" key in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and only when renaming more than one partition. I haven't been able to figure out how to resolve the issue, however removing the Rename partition key, or only renaming one partition, should solve your reboot issue.

Edit: I've narrowed it down further to renaming the partition that OSX (and presumably the boot loader) is installed on.

I installed Chimera 3.0.1 with the latest Multibeast, 6.3, and it reboots immediately after I select the OS. I think I see the Apple logo for about 1/10th of a second. I ended up reverting to Chimera 2.2.1 from the previous Multibeast and everything works fine.

Here is my original (2.2.1) org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

I run without a DSDT on a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UDP motherboard with UEFI BIOS.

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>hd(0,2) "OSX 10.9.1 Mavericks"; "System Reserved" "Windows 7"</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

----------------

And here is the 3.0.1 Chimera org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>hd(0,2) "OSX 10.9.3 Mavericks"; "System Reserved" "Windows 7"</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Why are you giving three names to one partition? And then why are the three names not consistently separated? The key after partition rename has to be wrong. You can simply rename the partition in finder. Also the drive identification numbers are not necessarily the same between what OSX reports, and what the boot loader sees.

Did you manage to fix this problem? I've narrowed it down to the "Rename Partition" key in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and only when renaming more than one partition. I haven't been able to figure out how to resolve the issue, however removing the Rename partition key, or only renaming one partition, should solve your reboot issue.

Edit: I've narrowed it down further to renaming the partition that OSX (and presumably the boot loader) is installed on.

Dawsman,
I had not been able to figure out the issue, however, that seemed to work. Thanks for the tip! The partition number is now different between the last Chimera and this one, so now I have to redetermine which partitions I need to hide, and maybe that had something to do with the rebooting as well.

Why are you giving three names to one partition? And then why are the three names not consistently separated? The key after partition rename has to be wrong. You can simply rename the partition in finder. Also the drive identification numbers are not necessarily the same between what OSX reports, and what the boot loader sees.

I'm not giving three names to one partition. The semicolon separates the partitions that are being renamed. Renaming the partition in Finder actually renames the partition. If I want to have a "Windows 7" alias for the boot loader, Windows 7 won't accept that as a partition name. Same thing with OS X. The Rename Partition is actually an alias and does not really change the drive name.

I have the same problem. After updating to latest version of mavericks my sound disappear. So I download latest MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.4.2 and reinstall audio driver (done it many times before after updates). But this time MultiBeast demanded to install Chimera bootloader 3.0.1. After restarting the problem described in this topic appeared. Now I can boot only Windows. Can't see and edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist from Windows.

Can someone help me? How can I reinstall/downgrade to Chimera 2.2.1 so everything got work again?
:crazy:

I have the same problem. After updating to latest version of mavericks my sound disappear. So I download latest MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.4.2 and reinstall audio driver (done it many times before after updates). But this time MultiBeast demanded to install Chimera bootloader 3.0.1. After restarting the problem described in this topic appeared. Now I can boot only Windows. Can't see and edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist from Windows.

Can someone help me? How can I reinstall/downgrade to Chimera 2.2.1 so everything got work again?
:crazy:

Do you still have your Mavericks install USB created with Unibeast? If so, you can use that to boot into OSX and edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist. If you use the "Rename Partition" key, I recommend removing that along with any associated strings first, then see if that fixes your boot problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back