Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 2.2 Update

Did you enable it in the BIOS/UEFI?

I did. I tried switching to macmini 6,1 and 6,2. That didn't help. It just doesn't show up in the graphics adapter list.

I should also mention I am booting to the 670 w/no monitor connected to the HD 4000.

I have just installed a discrete GPU and had a rough time getting to boot other than using built-in graphics, interrupting the bootloader and typing GraphicsEnabler=No each time. No amount of reinstalling and fiddling with org.chameleon.Boot.plist would change the behaviour. It was as if Chimera was totally ignoring it. Then I noticed that Chimera was still showing as 2.1.2 in the bootup sequence - after multiple re-installs!!!!

Well, it transpires that all my problems were due to using Core Storage to format my HD & SSD as one Fusion Drive ('logical volume' in Core Storage parlance). The same issue arises if a disk has a partition encrypted by Time Machine - Core Storage is activated again. Chimera, Unibeast and Muiltibeast do not respect the nuances of Core Storage Logical Volumes. The 'Extras' folder needs to be put on the boot partitions of each of the physical drives making up a logical volume to be read. These boot partitions are not mounted by default and therefore not normally visible. Hence, my 'Extra' folder on the root of the logical Volume (the 'Fusion Drive') was being ignored. The details are here.

My setup is increasingly mainstream. A modestly sized but fast SSD and a large HD togethr formatted under Core Storage as one 'Fusion Drive' then backed up by Time Machine to an encrypted partition on a 2nd HD which has also has small partition for 'Mac OS Recovery' - a great and pragmatic Apple-ony balance of speed, storage space, convenience, safety and security.

I have not been able to fathom a means of installing Chimera 2.2 on a Core Storage volume despite following the linked, rather tedious procedure to the letter three or so times.

I hope there is some ambition to upgrade these tools to better cope with Apple's shiny new volume manager. Many see Core Storage as the means by which Apple will dump the antiquated HFS+.

I have the same issue. It doesn't seem to have updated Chimera :(

So on my Asrock z77 pro-m I couldn't get my boot screen on my GTX 660 without deleting AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext. For dual boot purposes I couldn't just let it show up on the 660 when it got to the enter password screen. Will this fix that issue?

would it be possible to have intel hd as secondary device so it boots with peg now with the new enabler?

my org.chameleon.boot.plist is locked, how can I go about unlocking it so I can edit it and inject the IGPEnabler string? Thank you!

Edit: I figured it out! Thanks!

Chimera supports the HD4600 but there is no released version of OS X that currently does.

You will need to wait for an OS X that supports it to get anything other than 1024x768.

OK... now I would just like this to be clear to me:

If I build a hackintosh today using a Haswell CPU (with HD4600), no other discrete GPU, and then install 10.8.5, the resolution will be limited to 1024x768 (no matter what connector is used, DVI, HDMI, ...). I need a discrete GPU if I want to get above that... right?

Thanks for making that clear to me.

-a-

OK... now I would just like this to be clear to me:

If I build a hackintosh today using a Haswell CPU (with HD4600), no other discrete GPU, and then install 10.8.5, the resolution will be limited to 1024x768 (no matter what connector is used, DVI, HDMI, ...). I need a discrete GPU if I want to get above that... right?

Thanks for making that clear to me.

-a-
Miss this? http://www.tonymacx86.com/380-os-x-10-8-5-update.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back