Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested IGPEnabler=Yes, and it works great on my UD5H. Before I was using manual string injection, so I could run GraphicsEnabler=No for my 650 ti. The only difference I notice is before about my mac would say 512mb for the HD4000, now it says 768mb allocated to the HD4000.

Article: Chimera 2.2 Update

Could someone please explain what these mean? What do they do? I have a GTX Titan, using HD4000 as primary, but would prefer GTX Titan as primary. OS X won't boot if I have GTX Titan set as primary in the BIOS. Will this help with that?

Added new boot key IGPlatformID=[value] to allow for overriding default Intel HD Graphics Platform ID for the Intel HD Graphics 2500, 3000, 4000, 4000 Mobile, 4600, 4600 Mobile and 5000 GPUs. [value] must be 8 hexadecimal digits such as 0166000A which is the default for the HD 4000.

Added new boot key IGPEnabler=Yes/No to allow for Intel HD Graphics injection with GraphicsEnabler=No

Hi,

Thanks for this release. Does it solve the iMessage / Facetime problem?

Regards
No as the current solution FileNVRAM is closed source and the developer claims that Chimera is a commercial product and won't let us include it.

Because of that you can search for FileNVRAM and download and install it yourself, but beware of the following limitations:

Version 1.1.2 fixes iMessage ONLY
Version 1.1.3 fixes FaceTime crash only.

There is no current solution for both when using Chimera.

Is there a table for the values ( IGPlatformID=[value] ) ? And when would one use this parameter? Sorry if these are dumb questions.

neil

Is there a table for the values ( IGPlatformID=[value] ) ? And when would one use this parameter? Sorry if these are dumb questions.

neil
We are working on an article explaining all the values, stay tuned.

Does the HD2500 now fully support QE/CI?
There is limited QE/CI support.

I was able to run the Chess program which is a good test for QE/CI, but the Heaven benchmark wouldn't run.

There is limited QE/CI support.

I was able to run the Chess program which is a good test for QE/CI, but the Heaven benchmark wouldn't run.
Thanks. So it still isn't recommended to get a cpu with HD2500 graphics?

Thanks. So it still isn't recommended to get a cpu with HD2500 graphics?

In terms of Ivy Bridge CPUs, there really is no reason to go HD 2500. HD 4000 is vastly superior, fully supported, and if price is an obstacle the i3-3225 is pretty cheap. We won't be recommending CPUs with HD 2500, although Apple did add support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back