Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.1 Now Available With Haswell CPU Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does AMD 7xxx card detection mean that 7xxx cards will work without the current necessary workarounds (like Nvidia 6xx cards)? Or, does it just mean that the card is identified correctly in System Information?

Article: Chimera 2.1 Now Available With Haswell CPU Support

Does AMD 7xxx card detection mean that 7xxx cards will work without the current necessary workarounds (like Nvidia 6xx cards)? Or, does it just mean that the card is identified correctly in System Information?

It means that you'll see proper system information for AMD 7xxx such as 7970 instead of 7xxx in System Profiler. You can also use AtiConfig and AtiPorts flags with 7xxx framebuffer definitions. The garbled boot issue with larger vBIOS on these cards remains... best bet still is to use integrated graphics if possible as your 1st priority.

I've just installed this from the previous release in Multibeast 5.3.1. My iMessages have stopped working.

UPDATE: I got iMessages back, but I had to dig out Chimera 2.0.1 from the archive, install and reboot.

Kernel support isn't there in 10.8.4. Historically Apple has provided a small update for new Macs containing the files, however since 10.8.4 is so new, it could be a while.
I don't get it, the new MacBook Air uses Haswell and runs OSX 10.8.4. No one had the curiosity to see what's different?

I don't get it, the new MacBook Air uses Haswell and runs OSX 10.8.4. No one had the curiosity to see what's different?

Of course everyone is curious to see what is different. Difference is that the new MB AIr is built and released with its own special build of 10.8.4 that supports Intel Haswell. There is no reason for Apple to release Haswell support across the board for any other Apple unit as none are built with Haswell CPU's yet.

Kernel support isn't there in 10.8.4. Historically Apple has provided a small update for new Macs containing the files, however since 10.8.4 is so new, it could be a while.

So if I have access to a new MacBook Air and get my ML installer from there, it would likely function? *crosses fingers* *hopes to not sound like a complete idiot*

Does this mean Chimera will boot with an AMD 7xxx card? Before we had to boot with the integrated intel grahphics, and then the AMD GPU was enabled in OS X. If I have a CPU without intel graphics, can I use a Radeon card and boot with it, even with the larger RAM bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back