Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.1 Now Available With Haswell CPU Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 2.1 Now Available With Haswell CPU Support

So if I have access to a new MacBook Air and get my ML installer from there, it would likely function? *crosses fingers* *hopes to not sound like a complete idiot*

To get the Mountain Lion installer from a Mac, it has to be the Mountain Lion Install.App. To get that you have to download it from Mac App Store, Problem is that Mac App Store doesn't have a release for this (MB Air)build. If a problem arises it would use the recovery partition or online recovery. So in theory yes, in practice No.

It means that you'll see proper system information for AMD 7xxx such as 7970 instead of 7xxx in System Profiler. You can also use AtiConfig and AtiPorts flags with 7xxx framebuffer definitions. The garbled boot issue with larger vBIOS on these cards remains... best bet still is to use integrated graphics if possible as your 1st priority.

If it means anything, 7XXX are confirmed working in Mavericks Dev Preview without any workarounds (I'm guessing this could be for the Mac Pro running new AMD Graphics).

So if I understand this correctly and am in a rush. I can put this into my own "custom" version of unibeast and multibeast to get things running now? If that's correct, how would I go about doing that? (risks sounding like total newb round 2)

If it means anything, 7XXX are confirmed working in Mavericks Dev Preview without any workarounds (I'm guessing this could be for the Mac Pro running new AMD Graphics).

Can we install this preview on a normal machine?

Supposedly Apple seeded the first 10.8.5 beta to developers today. Hopefully there is Kernel Support for Haswell CPU's and the integrated graphics in there. Maybe someone here is an apple developer and can check.:D

Does it fix the memory allocation error when booting with a 2560x1440 background.png in themes?

Are we supposed to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes for our 7XXX cards to be recognized as the specific card (7950 instead of 7XXX)?

So if I understand this correctly and am in a rush. I can put this into my own "custom" version of unibeast and multibeast to get things running now? If that's correct, how would I go about doing that? (risks sounding like total newb round 2)
Why?

FORUM RULES:

This site and forum only supports installing and installations using the guides and software produced herein. Any posts referencing using other installation software or methods will be deleted.

updated, but it is still detecting the wrong speed of my i5-3317 (showing 1.6 instead of 1.7)

Why?

FORUM RULES:

This site and forum only supports installing and installations using the guides and software produced herein. Any posts referencing using other installation software or methods will be deleted.

I didn't mean to break forum rules. I am simply just trying to gain an understanding of how things work. It seemed to me like they have made this super great progress and I would love to utilize that. From my understanding at this point it would be useful to anyone who wants to do one of the following; either run maverick on their current build (nonhaswell) or my interest get a build (my goal is using 10.8.4/5) running fresh on Haswell. I didn't think that asking was explicitly causing an issue for anyone. In fact, I would think that this is infact directly related to support in installing the software provided here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back