Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

I lost my ALC889 audio. Tried running multibeast 5.21 multiple times with no luck. I noticed that there were error "Unable to handle key.. " and the one I think could be causing my audio problem is "Unable to handle key SystemAudioVolume" . Then I tried to revert back to 1.11.1 and system won't boot. Please help!

Yes, for some people who don't want to upgrade because of the cost of application upgrade, like MicroSloth Office or the Pro Tools audio recording series. I, too, have a Snow Leopard test partition on Son-of-Zorro. My wife's 17" MBP is still running Snow Leopard because everything she uses it for works without a problem; now, when Apple stops supporting Snow Leopard with security updates, then, I'll upgrade her to the current OSX. LOL! I still have Lion on my MBP because I don't like certain Mountain Lion GUI, especially Message/iMessage. Ugh!
However, for general purpose computer, upgrading to the latest OS X is the way to go.

Stork> Thanks! ;) But I think you missed the point of my question: I was asking if Chimera 2.0 brings something for 10.6.8 users on a Z68 board compared to Chimera 1.7, not if SL is still useful to someone... :D (I'm indeed a ProTools user and still using SL ;), even if my ML testing have also been only positive until now :thumbup:)

Stork> Thanks! ;) But I think you missed the point of my question: I was asking if Chimera 2.0 brings something for 10.6.8 users on a Z68 board compared to Chimera 1.7, not if SL is still useful to someone... :D (I'm indeed a ProTools user and still using SL [/FONT];), even if my ML testing have also been only positive until now :thumbup:)
Oops! Sorry 'bout that. :lol:

If Snow Leopard is the only OS X on your system, then you don't have to upgrade to Chimera 2.0. (If it ain't broke, don't fit it.) Chimera 2.01 is for primary getting iMessage to work for Mountain Lion. (See the Chimera 2.0 announcement at the tonymacx86 Forum home page for what the update brings.)

It works with imessage!! Thanks!!

Thanks. Works like a charm now again.

Using the latest Multibeast, do I need to update my Hackintosh with Chameleon (I think I'm currently using Chimera, but I am not very savvy regarding this...) anybody tell me where to get to learn the differences?

What changes did you make in this version to solve the iMessage problem? It's always good to have an idea of what the root issue was.

It seems from the Chimera 2169 revision that is has to do with preloading NVRAM values.... is that correct?

Booting from Clover also worked, but I've been using Chimera for I while and would like to stay with it. Thanks for the great work!!

I installed this latest version and my iMessages seems to be working fine but now when I boot I need to unplug my display and plug it back in to see my login page. I'm pretty new to this so is there something I messed up? I am running a HD5870 without any mods, I just plugged and played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back