Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guy!!!

Followed Neil's guide for Fusion drive and worked like a charm. This is what i did

Copied the modules folder into my extra folder via pacifist.
followed neil's guide to install the boot0, boot1h and boot to the fusion drives.
Just to be on the safe side, made my ethernet adapter the first in the service order list and rebooted.

Worked like a charm!! Everything works.

Thanks a lot for this update!!!

I'm still having trouble with the NEW way you do multibeast I must use version (4.6.1) for Lion if not I can't get my system running. I use the last boot loader and it works great but this new 2.0.1 give me problems I never had before. Such as Keyboard stopped responding, trackpad not (Auto connecting) on startup,and some other text one the boot screen that was never there before I installed the New 2.0.1 version. so I deleted my (Extra Folder) reinstalled the boot loader from 5.2.1 MB and all is back to normal. My fear is all the new updates are gonna be the death of my machine. As I said I can't use the MultiBeast package from start to finish I my use easybeast in 4.6.1 then add from the new MultiBeast package. Thanks for any help why that is.

Build like a real Mac with:

Procesor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (Sockset 775 LGA 45nm)

Motherboard: Asus P5N MX

RAM: DDR2-4GB

Grafic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT-1GB

HD: Any HD sata II from 80GB till 2.5TB

PSU: Any from 400W till what you can find

DVD-WR: Any

Monitor: Any monitor

USB: Any from 8GB till 64GB

APP: Mac OS X 10.6.X till10.8.X

And everything else by www.tonymacx86.com/

All tested by me and worked 100% like a real MAC my Hackintosh.

My friendly Greetings!

I had a problem putting mine to sleep after this update. Even manual sleep went broke - PSU do not go off and no mouse clicks or keyboard can bring it back. Hack effectively hangs. Reverting to Chimera 1.11.1 - manual sleep works fine. Testing auto sleep.

I still feel clover is the way to go, so many more options and features

Article: Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

I still feel clover is the way to go, so many more options and features
IMO, Clover is still new and very dependent on how you set it up. It's probably not for the first time hackintosh user who make up a significant portion of the tonymacx86 Forum. Thus, for now, we recommend Chimera or Chameleon as they are easier to get up and running with a UniBeast and MultiBeast installation. Hopefully, Clover with mature to make it easier for new OS X users.

I'm asking just in case: Is there any benefit for Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a Z68 board?
I installed it on a test partition, it's working as usual but I've noticed nothing new in boot or after...
Yes, for some people who don't want to upgrade because of the cost of application upgrade, like MicroSloth Office or the Pro Tools audio recording series. I, too, have a Snow Leopard test partition on Son-of-Zorro. My wife's 17" MBP is still running Snow Leopard because everything she uses it for works without a problem; now, when Apple stops supporting Snow Leopard with security updates, then, I'll upgrade her to the current OSX. LOL! I still have Lion on my MBP because I don't like certain Mountain Lion GUI, especially Message/iMessage. Ugh!

However, for general purpose computer, upgrading to the latest OS X is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back