Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hosed my installation on P6X58, went back to 2054 rev.

Replying to trev.reynold

"Hey I saw your post on the new chimera forum. I have a fusion drive set up through neil's guide as well. However, after updating all of the boot files on the fusion drive set up and putting in the new extra's folder, my messages isn't working. It was working before the update with the chimera messages fix prior to chimera 2.0.

Anything special I should try?"

I spoke too soon. My Messages login failed this morning and I was not able to log in again. I can get the Chimera 2.0.1 fix to work on my backup installation on a single disk, but it is not working in my fusion drive setup. I'm booting from a Clover USB stick for now and looking for a way to make this work on the fusion drive. Sorry for the bad post.

Article: Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

I already had darkwake=0 kernel flag and booted up with "npci=0x2000 -v -f". I don't know what clearing kext from cache means exactly. I did delete /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches before rebooting - but still no sound. I do have ALC8xxHDA.kext in /E/E but that seems to be the default location as it was installed there using multibeast just recently. I'm pretty much at my wits' end. Perhaps someone can give me the input I need.

Hi, we also had the same issue, solved it, check out below.
Look at the later posts on the below thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general/89412-chimera-has-fix-imessage-mountain-lion-10-8-a.html

Hope it helps.

worked fine for me as well =)

i want to pointed out: somebody( i really cannot find your post),mentioned: it need network adpter driver installed before i message start working~~

I still can't login to iMessage...any ideas what else might be wrong?

Don't work for me... i use this for network RTL8192SU-Wlan 11n USB :(
motherboard P5QL/EPU
any suggestion please...! help

ended up downloading,
extracted,
double clicked the install file.
agreed to everything
rebooted.
still same issue for facetime.
repeated 3-7 more times.
still same problem.

any ideas on what else to try?