Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the no-sound issues some experience might be related to ALC8xxHDA.kext in /E/E. I tried the KernelHelper module I found in a chameleon thread but to no avail. Copying the kext over to /S/L/E did not solve my issues either. Unfortunately bootup with -f -v as some suggested didn't bring back sound, too. So for the moment I'm staying at 1.11.1.

Great thanks, worked a treat with imessage. I waited as I haven't had much luck with alternative bootloaders.

Article: Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

On my X79 Sabertooth, I installed and reboot and I can't get to the apple screen. It stays in a boot loop. I was able to get back to my OS by booting from a USB with chimera 1.11.1 but I had to reinstall 1.11.1 back on my boot drive to get it to work again. Any ideas why 2.0 did not work on my system?

Same for me on an HP Envy DV7 (standard Insyde bios, i7 3630QM, GT650). With Chimera 2.0 it got stuck at reading AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext. Now I might very well have fouled up something, as I only started hackintoshing this week, and was able to boot into OSX only yesterday (sort of, without video acceleration etc. etc. etc.).

Downloaded Chimera 2.0.1 and installed on my SSD. Rebooted fine but I get the error when I try logging into iMessage:
"Your Apple ID "********" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time. If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below."
Any ideas?

Deleted ichat, imessage, facetime plists.
Installed Chimera
Still the same problem as before where it keeps asking me for password and doesn't let me sign in or register.

Any ideas or things that I should try?

Thanks for any help.

Brilliant - worked like a charm. Well, gave me a kernel panic on reboot (on my HP 4530s) but on second boot it worked perfectly and imessage now works. Not that I ever use it. Tonymac we love you!

Weird enough, I'm still not able to login.
However, installing Chimera 2.0 did fix my Bluetooth problem which
presented itself by letting me wait for about 10 mins before being able to fill in my password in order to login.

I still would like to find a way to get iMessage to work again.
So in case anyone knows a solution to fix it even after installing Chimera 2.0, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks for ypur effort guys. You are epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back