Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

2170 and above fix the messages which, I do not understand why you used 2169....

I installed 2181 and it still needed FileNVRAM.dyllib to fix iMessage.

Installed new Chimera but get message about calling apple suport. Quick question do you need an iphone to get imessage working? as I ditched my iphone and got a Galaxy note II. Reason I am asking is logged on with my partners apple id and imessage worked fine and showed her phone number. I also changed my email registered to my apple id about 7 months ago and my password. Any help would be great, Thanks in advance ;)

You can ignore any "Unable to handle key" messages.

These are spurious messages generated by FileNVRAM that does not effect system operation.

Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if this was something I should be concerned about, but indeed, everything is working swimmingly.

Alright, thanks for the info. However, waiting for X.8.3 might be a tough one. Might be released tomorrow, might take another month. People are reporting a lot of issues with X.8.2, ranging from WLAN problems, slow rendering on rMBPs to slow WebKit products.
I'm not trying to influence anybody's decisions around here ... just sayin'.

Right now I'm not planning on updating MultiBeast until after 10.8.3 is released.
As for the next release of UniBeast, it depends if any issues are found in Chimera 2.x.

Thanks for posting the link, it sad that he's posting the updates there are not on http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/

I'll download and test and if there are no issues I'll add it to a future Chimera release.

I tested it (1.1.3), there are no errors from Chimera about it, it creates its plist like it should, but I can't connect to the Messages service with it anymore. Once I've restored the version, bundled with Chimera 2.0.x, I was able to connect to Messages again. Obviously, there's something different in this version, at least according to its thread it requires Chameleon r2181 or later.

I tested it (1.1.3), there are no errors from Chimera about it, it creates its plist like it should, but I can't connect to the Messages service with it anymore. Once I've restored the version, bundled with Chimera 2.0.x, I was able to connect to Messages again. Obviously, there's something different in this version, at least according to its thread it requires Chameleon r2181 or later.
I logged out, deleted the old dylib and plist then installed 1.1.3 dylib and rebooted.I had no issues logging in, logging out and loggin in again.

Hi. Realy newbie for Hacintoshes. Built min in December. Z77-UD5TH with i7 3770K, 660 Ti. USB3 works, sound works everywhere (front and back). Haven't tested Thunderbolt yet. All this to say I just 2x clicked on the installer, shut down and started up again. Everything works flawlessly! Thanks!!!

I logged out, deleted the old dylib and plist then installed 1.1.3 dylib and rebooted.I had no issues logging in, logging out and loggin in again.

First time I didn't logged out, before deleting the files. I tried it once more and this time first I logged out and then deleted the files and restarted, but the result was the same.

No problem with latest Chimera v2.0.1 Update!, Works Great!

Thanks TonyMacx86 Team!

CPU: Intel i7 960 (3.30GHz) Quad-Core
MB: Gigabyte x58a-ud3r r2 (Bios FF)
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTS 450 OC (1GB) DDR5
Ram: Corsair 6GB DDR3 (1600mhz)
HD: Intel SSD 520 Series 240GB
Monitor: Sony Bravia 1920 x 1080 - (42 Zoll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back