Contribute
Register

Chimera 1.9 - Dual/Triple NVIDIA GeForce with Stock DSDT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hum...good, i use Luxology Modo and maybe it can work faster because it use cuda core!

Anyway at the moment i think i can't use two vga because:
1/ im on snow leopard ( i don't know if it's ok on it)
2/ i have a mod bios with no dsdt
3/my motherboard supports only Ati-crossfire
4/ i have a nvidea quadro and i must use a efi strings for it.
..So maybe i can't insert a second nvidea ( 9600gt or 8600gt)

Tony, is my thought correct?

Jim989 said:
Nice work! I presume you are booting with GraphicsEnabler=yes to activate that code?

Any idea if the code changes will enable HD3000 + GeForce XXXm cards to be recognised at same time? Or is it only specific to 2xGeForce?

Thanks in advance!

Same question.

I try my self when get home.

Enjoy the number.... ;)

Attachments

• Sala 580 DUAL.jpg
    Sala 580 DUAL.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 559
Not had a chance to test yet but does this help in the Dual GPU Goodness of the GTX 590.?

xpamamadeus said:
Jim989 said:
Nice work! I presume you are booting with GraphicsEnabler=yes to activate that code?

Any idea if the code changes will enable HD3000 + GeForce XXXm cards to be recognised at same time? Or is it only specific to 2xGeForce?

Thanks in advance!

Same question.

I try my self when get home.

It won't help you achieve functionality, at best it will indicate some real info about them. Depends from system to system...

Ok, i'm crazy! I tested new chimera and two different nvidia card on my motherboard and on snow leopard!
This is the result after chimera 1.9 and in boot.plist i have GE=Yes and just the efi strings of my Quadro fx 4600
schermata20120328a22140.png

schermata20120328a22140.png

This is the result whe i put in boot plist ( under the efi string of my Quadro) also the efi string of geforce 8600GT
schermata20120328a22215.png

schermata20120328a22220.png

I repeat, my motherboard have 3 slot pciexpress (1@16x, 2@8x), when the 8x slot is populated..the 16x slot runs @ 8x. My motherboard support only crossfire .
BUT...............
i noticed my 3d software (Luxology Modo 601) seems to WORK FASTER!!!!!
a test 3d render was made almost in half time than i had only the quadro inside :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!
My monitor in connected to Quadro ( the quadro is in the x16 slot ), if i remove all efi strings from boot.plist and i leave only graphicsEnabler Yes..quadro cannot be recognized and resolution return @ 1024/768 !
Someone can explain me???? :crazy:

Great work guys, the people are gonna eat this up. :)

:headbang:

Awesome!

Have been waiting for this news for along time!

My 3 580's and Quadro 4000 had to endure windows for too long!

Will try out when there are no projects to do.

Octane and CUDA FTW!

Aw man. I love what you guys are doing, but I'm feeling sharp pains in my wallet after seeing this. Don't get me wrong, I've had no complaints with my 6870...but two 580's or similar!? :eek:

Wallet...hurting...must...resuscitate

Anyway, big thanks for all you do to keep pushing forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back