Contribute
Register

Chimera 1.9 - Dual/Triple NVIDIA GeForce with Stock DSDT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please...let me understand! :eek:
I have two different nvidia ( a 9600gt and a quadro fx 4600), i have two pciexpress slots on my motherboard but it dosen't support nvidia sli tecnology (only ati crossfire). So, to have two nvidia card working together ..i need:
1/ a motherboard supporting Sli
2/ two nvidia twice
Right??
Since my motherboard dosen't support SLI...if i put the second vga (9600gt) it will work just to have other monitor working? I use a efi string in boot.plist for my quadro, so i can remove it using the last chimera on snow leopard ? :eek:

Anyway this is a great work!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
if i can't use it now...surely ill use on my new hardware !

So, if this is true then just add the 8800GT to the board and it will work with the GTX 285. Wow, awesomeness :clap:
Will I need to set the GTX285 to the first PCIX16 slot still and the 8800GT to second slot or can they be reversed?
Can I also just install the new NVIDIA support or a full reinstall is required? :crazy:

No SLI strap necessary- it just works- but keep in mind many mATX boards don't have two x16 PCIe slots.

@ALL: Post your results!

tonymacx86 said:
Mate94 said:
What can I say? Thank you? :eek:

But I want to ask something: How many monitors working exp. with 2/3 cards? Of course at the same time. I know nobody (I doubt) got 6 monitors here but I'm curious. Because soon the "Buying Advice" section will flooded with questions like this. I want to prepare myself as possible as I can. :)

Each NVIDIA card can handle 2 monitors max I believe- so 3 would get you 6 monitors. :crazy:
Close enough... and it's a great deterrent example. If you want 6 monitors, you will need to get three nVidia cards. I mean it's very pricey if somebody want high performance.

Thanks for enlightenment.

before the processor with no name

there are now
Over deze Mac.png

Thanks Macman and tonymacx86

Attachments

• Over deze Mac.png
    Over deze Mac.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 953
Hexa said:
before the processor with no name

there are now

Thanks Macman and tonymacx86

Yay! Sandy Bridge-E Xeon id'd :D :thumbup:

Had a chance to test Unigine 'Heaven' Benchmarks on Windows 7 / Mac OS X 10.7.3 today.

Specs:
Asus P8P67 Pro
Core i5-2500K
GeForce GTX 460 768mb
GeForce GTS 450 1GB
(SLI Strapped)

Windows 7 (OpenGL)
hvn-win-ogl.png

Mac OS X (OpenGL)
hvn-osx.png

Windows 7 (Default DX11)
hvn-win-dx11.png

Edit- GTX 460 only
Mac OS X (OpenGL)
hvn-osx2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand yet: two graphic cards (even different models) that work simultaneously and multiply their power? Or just a way to use multiple monitors or different card with different OSX versions?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back