Contribute
Register

Chimera 1.9 - Dual/Triple NVIDIA GeForce with Stock DSDT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chimera 1.9 Test - Dual NVIDIA GeForce with Stock DSDT!

Great work!! :clap: :clap:

Is this on the P55, H67 or Z68 platform? And by "stock DSDT" do you mean unedited or one from the forum database? (Still researching for next build - may want to go back to nVidia gfx :thumbup: )

Going Bald said:
And by "stock DSDT" do you mean unedited or one from the forum database? (Still researching for next build - may want to go back to nVidia gfx :thumbup: )

im assuming it means stock as in no extra edits to the dsdt specifically for dual nvidia cards.
i remember stingray saying he did whole load of dsdt patching for his nvidia cards, as he didnt wanna go the other route of efi strings as it killed his appstore.

supposedly going the dsdt route was a complete ball ache, so this seems amazing

This this new version of Chimera it supports dual NVIDIA cards using any DSDT from the database. No special edits required. It also eliminates the need to use EFI strings in the boot.plist.

OOB dual NVIDIA cards with or without the SLI strap installed! :headbang:

MM, your knowledge of such things never ceases to amaze me.

I'll be getting a nvidia card at some point because of this...

I wonder if you can do a ATI card in one slot and nvidia in the other...

What can I say? Thank you? :eek:

But I want to ask something: How many monitors working exp. with 2/3 cards? Of course at the same time. I know nobody (I doubt) got 6 monitors here but I'm curious. Because soon the "Buying Advice" section will flooded with questions like this. I want to prepare myself as possible as I can. :)

Mate94 said:
What can I say? Thank you? :eek:

But I want to ask something: How many monitors working exp. with 2/3 cards? Of course at the same time. I know nobody (I doubt) got 6 monitors here but I'm curious. Because soon the "Buying Advice" section will flooded with questions like this. I want to prepare myself as possible as I can. :)

Each NVIDIA card can handle 2 monitors max I believe- so 3 would get you 6 monitors. :crazy:

Yay! Been waiting for simple support since trading from two 6870's to one 560 ti 448 core. Now to order another Zotac :D

**Bonus Tidbit**
This is better than the ATI route for multi-monitors, as in windows they all need to be on one card, but on mac you must divvy them up. If you really can support two from one (like two DVI) then this is golden!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back