Intel I7-7920X Delidded
Graphics
AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition 16 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In testing it appears to me that the latest version of Chimera (commit 1930, 1.9.2 as of this writing) causes significantly higher CPU temps on my setup (Dual Xeon 5690s, overclocked, watercooled, UserDSDT and extracted SSDTs) over version 1.9 or Chameleon-2.1-r1923(ErmaC). It looks like the system runs about 4-5 degrees Celsius higher on both chips and coolant temperatures climbs 3-4 C higher than expected on extended testing. Turbo/Speedstep seem intact, and Benchmarks don't seem to change significantly, if anything are slightly worse. This is reproducible.

I haven't found (or looked too hard) for a way to report the actual C and P states.

I can't help with a fix, but am curious how you got temp monitoring working on your dual Xeon machine?

I have an older dual Xeon build (dual x5450's) and only get temps for one processor in iStat or HWMonitor with FakeSMC and IntelCPUMonitor.

Thanks!

hockey9999 said:
I can't help with a fix, but am curious how you got temp monitoring working on your dual Xeon machine?

I have an older dual Xeon build (dual x5450's) and only get temps for one processor in iStat or HWMonitor with FakeSMC and IntelCPUMonitor.

Thanks!

I edit FakeSMC as in http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58157; HWMonitor only shows one processor, but iStat shows the two CPU core temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back