Contribute
Register

Chimera 1.5.4 and focusrite saffire 24 driver KP

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLVED.

I realized you have to change the name of com.Chameleon.Boot.plist to com.apple.Boot.plist when going to the older version of Chameleon.

the sweet focusrite win!

Thanks for the help guys.

Multibeast has been updated.. anyone can test if we have things fixed ? :wave:

I have Mixcontrol up but it says my focusrite isn't connected when the machine says it is.

Help please.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-26 at 22.57.30.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-26 at 22.57.30.png
    891.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Screen Shot 2011-11-26 at 23.03.00.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-26 at 23.03.00.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 255
After some testing it seems problem is with ALC8x driver, dont install that if you need audio interface.. :wave:

Hi! I have a very similar setup running smooth with lion, but because I am using HD3000 internal graphics, I can't switch back to Chimera 1.4.
So I just came home from work and saw your tip with removing ALC8X-Driver, and booom... the thing doesn't work ;). My booting-process always stops at something like "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement:ready" when using Saffire.kext from 1.4 Installer.

Did you remove only the ALC8x kext or also the HDAEnablerX kext?
Which Chimera and which Saffire kext have you been using?

Greetings

Sebastian

I just did a fresh install and did not select any audio driver at all during installation, I also downloaded Chameleon 2.1 r1650 and did not use bootloader from multibeast..

I managed to boot without a problem and everything works.. altho I am using dedicated GPU...

Hi Shamanix,

thanks for your answer! I decided to return the saffire 24 (although I like it), bought me a new gfx-card and returned to snow leopard, where I can use my good ol' 01x with MLan. I hope that these issues get sorted out soon for you guys! Maybe I return to Saffire when this 64bit-thing is really going up - but I think that this will still take a while in the audio domain ;)

Greets

Sebastian

Hi,
I am running Lion 10.7.2 on a z68x-ud3(F8) motherboard along with the GA HD6870 GPU.
I have the Focusrite pro 24 sound card and I tried to install it without having any kind of audio drivers previous installed but unfortunately I get a kernel panic after the reboot.
Could you please someone help and describe to me all the steps and the commands that I need to use as to install the sound card successfully ?
If someone knows to tell me those steps from the beginning because I am planning to do a fresh installation plus to update the system to 10.7.2.

Thank you in advance. :)

Is there any news from other Focusrite Saffire 24 owners? Have someone find the correct way to make this great soundcard working?
Tried with MultiBeast 4.3.1 (Chimera v1.8.0) on Lion 10.7.3 but got the KP too :banghead:

Another way to remove the kext when they got the KP :
Reboot with Unibeast / Choose Lion installation / Open Terminal and write :
Code:
rm -rf /Volumes/PartitionName/System/Library/Extensions/Saffire.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back