Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

I have an issue with new chimera... I used old version ( pre-lion version ) with my snow leopard and lion build and everything worked fine...

Then I updated to 10.7.2. and could not connect to iCloud for some reason, then I googled and found out that solution to make iCloud connect is to update chimera, so I did update it but I got kernel panic...

So I went and reinstalled it with new chimera, everything works fine until I install Focusrite Saffire 24 MixControl driver, where I always get kernel panic after reboot.. both on lion and on snow leopard

Please can you fix the issue for me because it is really important to me to have my audio interface working...

I recon you dont need hardware to test it, because you will get kernel panic if you just install the driver..

You can download drivers ( 2.4 version ) from here
http://www.focusrite.com/products/audio_interfaces/saffire_pro_24/downloads/

Please please please pleaseeee help!!!! Thank you! :thumbup:

Has this been addressed yet? Or have you found a work around? I'm having the exact same issue. Removing Saffire.kext solves the kernel panic, but obviously not the issue.

Update:

Not fixed in Chimera 1.6.0. Anybody know where to download 1.4.1 so I can get this working temporarily?

Yes, removing Saffire.kext driver or apple.IOaudiofamily will solve the issue but there is no sound then.. I also tried 1.6.0 but with no luck.. now reinstalling with 1.4.1, works perfectly, but iCloud is not working..

you can download 1.4.1 here 1010110101/MultiBeastArchive/MultiBeast-3.8.0.zip

I hope we get a fix for this soon.. patiently waiting.. ;)

Shamanix said:
Yes, removing Saffire.kext driver or apple.IOaudiofamily will solve the issue but there is no sound then.. I also tried 1.6.0 but with no luck.. now reinstalling with 1.4.1, works perfectly, but iCloud is not working..

you can download 1.4.1 here 1010110101/MultiBeastArchive/MultiBeast-3.8.0.zip

I hope we get a fix for this soon.. patiently waiting.. ;)

Hi guys, running into this tonight as well. Does using 1.4.1 get the interface working with no iCloud?

Thanks,
G

Great! Thanks, I'll try and it and see what happens. Gotta get my system to boot first, somehow and remove those bad kexts, installing that also affected my backup drive as well.

How did you boot back into lion to remove the bad kexts? My backup is giving me Kernel panic and trying to boot from iboot to SL install dvd is also giving me kernel panic. argh!

I'm not sure what is causing your kernel panic on the install CD. I started the Lion install and then started terminal. Then you can navigate to the /Volumes/Your HD Name/System/Library/Extensions then:

Code:
mv Saffire.kext Saffire.bak

That should get you working (if you can get past the SL Install panic).

Thanks, I was able to delete the kext and repair permissions to get everything back up and running.

I installed chimera 1.4.1 and I get into the apple boot screen (which has a different apple logo than the current version) but I cant get past that. It doesn't give me a spinning wheel. In multibeast I only checked off chimera under bootloaders since everything else already works. Is this where I'm getting messed up?

Thoughts? Thanks again for all the help, its my first build! :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back