Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just finished a fresh Lion install on an Asus P8Z77-V X and updated chimera to version 1.11. After that I always get a kernel panic related to the intel hd4000 kext (see photo below).
kernel_panic.jpg

Attachments

• kernel_panic.jpg
    kernel_panic.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 598
andreibosco said:
Just finished a fresh Lion install on an Asus P8Z77-V X and updated chimera to version 1.11. After that I always get a kernel panic related to the intel hd4000 kext (see photo below).
kernel_panic.jpg

As far as I know you still need the correct HD4000 drivers and unless you are running 10.7.5 or 10.8 you don't. I could be mistaken though.

andreibosco said:
kernel_panic.jpg

Oh and also set your Video RAM size to 64MB or 96MB and see if it makes a difference.

Mark

Einsteiniac said:
As far as I know you still need the correct HD4000 drivers and unless you are running 10.7.5 or 10.8 you don't. I could be mistaken though.
Oh, I've thought that bridgehelper 5.0 installed the updated drivers needed for HD4000. I've followed your advice and set the graphics memory to 64mb, and this happened:
- with GraphicsEnabler=Yes - corrupt video, with only the top half of the screen being rendered, and with a garbled image
video.jpg
- with GraphicsEnabler=No - it booted into Lion, but the graphic card wasn't recognized as Intel HD400, it is just called "Display 64 MB"

Going to keep testing and report anything new I find.

Oh, some more info about this build:
- Asus P8Z77-V LX
- Intel Core i5 3570K
- 16gb Corsair XMS3
- No off-board video card

Attachments

• video.jpg
    video.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 404
andreibosco said:
Going to keep testing and report anything new I find.

Hey I had the same issue, what i did is set in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

And this allowed me to keep GraphicsEnabler=Yes

The issue I still have is I can't play HD youtube videos something still isn't right with the graphics, but better then before.

jcut825 said:
Hey I had the same issue, what i did is set in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

And this allowed me to keep GraphicsEnabler=Yes

The issue I still have is I can't play HD youtube videos something still isn't right with the graphics, but better then before.
Setting the resolution in org.chameleon.Boot.plist did the trick. Thanks a lot :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back