Intel Core i7 4771
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 2GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Just finished a fresh Lion install on an Asus P8Z77-V X and updated chimera to version 1.11. After that I always get a kernel panic related to the intel hd4000 kext (see photo below).
kernel_panic.jpg

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus X99-A
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX Titan X
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, Color Classic, eMac, iBook, iMac, Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, Xserve
Mobile Phone
iOS
andreibosco said:
Just finished a fresh Lion install on an Asus P8Z77-V X and updated chimera to version 1.11. After that I always get a kernel panic related to the intel hd4000 kext (see photo below).
kernel_panic.jpg
As far as I know you still need the correct HD4000 drivers and unless you are running 10.7.5 or 10.8 you don't. I could be mistaken though.

Motherboard
Asus X99-A
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX Titan X
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, Color Classic, eMac, iBook, iMac, Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, Xserve
Mobile Phone
iOS
andreibosco said:
kernel_panic.jpg
Oh and also set your Video RAM size to 64MB or 96MB and see if it makes a difference.

Mark

Motherboard
Gigabyte H87M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4771
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Einsteiniac said:
As far as I know you still need the correct HD4000 drivers and unless you are running 10.7.5 or 10.8 you don't. I could be mistaken though.
Oh, I've thought that bridgehelper 5.0 installed the updated drivers needed for HD4000. I've followed your advice and set the graphics memory to 64mb, and this happened:
- with GraphicsEnabler=Yes - corrupt video, with only the top half of the screen being rendered, and with a garbled image
video.jpg
- with GraphicsEnabler=No - it booted into Lion, but the graphic card wasn't recognized as Intel HD400, it is just called "Display 64 MB"

Going to keep testing and report anything new I find.

Oh, some more info about this build:
- Asus P8Z77-V LX
- Intel Core i5 3570K
- 16gb Corsair XMS3
- No off-board video card

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
andreibosco said:
Going to keep testing and report anything new I find.
Hey I had the same issue, what i did is set in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

And this allowed me to keep GraphicsEnabler=Yes

The issue I still have is I can't play HD youtube videos something still isn't right with the graphics, but better then before.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H87M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4771
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
jcut825 said:
Hey I had the same issue, what i did is set in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

And this allowed me to keep GraphicsEnabler=Yes

The issue I still have is I can't play HD youtube videos something still isn't right with the graphics, but better then before.
Setting the resolution in org.chameleon.Boot.plist did the trick. Thanks a lot :thumbup: