Contribute
Register

Chimera 1.11.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 1.11.1 Update

Hi Lisa I tried both boot flags and still get the same issue "Still waiting for root id" any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

hmmm. maybe check again your bios settings. otherwise i don't know how to help you. i'm sorry.

This can be helpful. Check out if you have set to AHCI in Bios, and the boot order etc...

good luck.

Hi Lisa I tried both boot flags and still get the same issue "Still waiting for root id" any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

Try pressing F-12 to bring up the boot menu and make sure to choose the P:0 [drive name] rather than UEFI [drive name]. Also some reports that having the boot drive in the lowest numbered SATA port is the safest choice.

{edit - I was thinking you had a z77 mobo, so the UEFI thing wouldn't apply to you I suppose}

Thanks. Works with dual monitors out of the box now! Still not able to rotate both (1200x1920) monitors though (tried hdmi + dvi and displayport + dvi). When attempting this and rebooting, one monitor stays white (only shows the mouse pointer on that monitor). Unplugging and replugging cable does not help (this give a scrambled second screen instead of a white screen).

My PC have bug it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back