Chimera 1.11.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi MacMan!

In use:

- GA-Z77-DS3H
- i5 2500k
- HD4000
- cheap China Bluetooth dongle works well!

Two things:

1. Now boots up correctly, Many Thanks! -
... just for information: The grey Apple Logo is in 1024x768 on my monitor with 1360x768, doen't matter!
2. No wake up.
... when going in sleep mode, only the monitor is dark - and the needed electricity power is non less.

But thats not so important, it's just for feed back.

Last : "I'm happy to have OS X again, since my Mac mini is defect, as long as I cannot afford an iMac,
MANY many THANKS!"

Hi Guys

I have been running 10.7.4 on this PC config for the past few months with no issues I updated to ML and I have been having nothing but issues. I can install ML fine and everything looks to be working fine but the second I install Chimera via multibeast the next time I boot it just boots into the "No Entry Sign" so I formatted the HD again and I install ML again and install the standalone version of Chimera and get the same issue so I rebooted and used the command "-v" and the load screen gets stuck on "PCI Configuration Begin"

Hope you guys can help and I really want to edit some movies Thanks in advance

here are my current PC Specs

CPU - i5 2400 2.8
Mobo - Gigabyte - P67 -UD4 -B3 "Bios F8"
RAM - 8Gb Gskills Xjaws Sandybridge
Gfx - Gainward 560Ti Phantom
HD - ML Boot drive is a 500Gb Segate 7200Rpm "nothing special"

Article: Chimera 1.11.1 Update

Hi Guys

I have been running 10.7.4 on this PC config for the past few months with no issues I updated to ML and I have been having nothing but issues. I can install ML fine and everything looks to be working fine but the second I install Chimera via multibeast the next time I boot it just boots into the "No Entry Sign" so I formatted the HD again and I install ML again and install the standalone version of Chimera and get the same issue so I rebooted and used the command "-v" and the load screen gets stuck on "PCI Configuration Begin"

Hope you guys can help and I really want to edit some movies Thanks in advance

here are my current PC Specs

CPU - i5 2400 2.8
Mobo - Gigabyte - P67 -UD4 -B3 "Bios F8"
RAM - 8Gb Gskills Xjaws Sandybridge
Gfx - Gainward 560Ti Phantom
HD - ML Boot drive is a 500Gb Segate 7200Rpm "nothing special"

npci=x2000
npci=x3000
If your verbose mode bootup of Mac OS X Lion or Mountain is freezing at [PCI Configuration Begin], enter the npci=0x3000 boot flag to fix it. This flag is applied by default when you install Easybeast or UserDSDT with*Multibeast. The boot flag npci=x2000 does the same thing, except that it only works for Lion.

Thanks. Works with dual monitors out of the box now! Still not able to rotate both (1200x1920) monitors though (tried hdmi + dvi and displayport + dvi). When attempting this and rebooting, one monitor stays white (only shows the mouse pointer on that monitor). Unplugging and replugging cable does not help (this give a scrambled second screen instead of a white screen).

Hi Martijnr, does ur hackintosh require a dedicated video card to support dual monitors or intel HD 4000 will do?

Thank you kindly

npci=x2000
npci=x3000
If your verbose mode bootup of Mac OS X Lion or Mountain is freezing at [PCI Configuration Begin], enter the npci=0x3000 boot flag to fix it. This flag is applied by default when you install Easybeast or UserDSDT with*Multibeast. The boot flag npci=x2000 does the same thing, except that it only works for Lion.
That was true with versions of MultiBeast prior to 5.0. As part of the Verbose Customization option in MultiBeast 5.0 it adds "npci=x3000 -v".
Also, npci=x3000 is not longer added by default by EastBeast or UserDSDT in MultiBeast 5.0 as it was causing issues and is only needed when booting in verbose mode to see the rest of the message after [PCI Configuration Begin] when using a NVIDIA graphics card.

Hi MacMan!

In use:

- GA-Z77-DS3H
- i5 2500k
- HD4000
- cheap China Bluetooth dongle works well!

Two things:

1. Now boots up correctly, Many Thanks! -
... just for information: The grey Apple Logo is in 1024x768 on my monitor with 1360x768, doen't matter!
2. No wake up.
... when going in sleep mode, only the monitor is dark - and the needed electricity power is non less.

But thats not so important, it's just for feed back.

Last : "I'm happy to have OS X again, since my Mac mini is defect, as long as I cannot afford an iMac,
MANY many THANKS!"

There is a wake up problem in new Chimera... I shifted back to 1.10, now its working fine.

Hi
I have a GA Z77M-D3h with a SB Core-I3 2130 and a GA GTX640
Mountain Lion Installation works fine. The System run smoothly.
Now, i can only boot with the ML Unibeast Stick.
After install the newest Chimera 1.1. ...from Multibeast 5.02. same result.

In the older Lion the boot works well with Multibeast 4.6.1.

What can i do?

That was true with versions of MultiBeast prior to 5.0. As part of the Verbose Customization option in MultiBeast 5.0 it adds "npci=x3000 -v".
Also, npci=x3000 is not longer added by default by EastBeast or UserDSDT in MultiBeast 5.0 as it was causing issues and is only needed when booting in verbose mode to see the rest of the message after [PCI Configuration Begin] when using a NVIDIA graphics card.

I did what suggested mate and it did not work :( I attached a screenshot from verbose mode I hope you can help me and give me some play by play instructions to fix my issue

here is the screen shot.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I did what suggested mate and it did not work :( I attached a screenshot from verbose mode I hope you can help me and give me some play by play instructions to fix my issue

here is the screen shot.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It looks like [PCI Configuration Begin] is not your problem, but "still waiting for root Device" is what you have to look for. so you can try this:
"PCIRootUID=1" or "PCIRootUID=0"? as flag on boot.

It looks like [PCI Configuration Begin] is not your problem, but "still waiting for root Device" is what you have to look for. so you can try this:
"PCIRootUID=1" or "PCIRootUID=0"? as flag on boot.

Hi Lisa I tried both boot flags and still get the same issue "Still waiting for root id" any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back