Contribute
Register

Chexee Build - GA-P55A-UD4P/Intel i5-750/GeForce 9800 GTX+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a rocketfish dongle I picked up from Best Buy because I was impatient. No, D-Link, sorry :[

I'll keep that latter in mind, I might be building another for a friend.

So im finally going to go for this. i was thinking of the CustoMac build, but it's a little over my budget as well as the x58 install seems much more complicated/trouble prone plus an ATI video card...

Two questions about swapping hardware though.

What other NVIDIA video cards are compatible with Hackintoshes/This build in particular that are included in Multibeast? is there a directory for this on the forum? so it's a simple install... I need something for serious photo editing...

Also, would the i5-760 work for this build? or not. the extra processing power would be nice. What would have to be changed?

Thanks!

cooperleeray said:
So im finally going to go for this. i was thinking of the CustoMac build, but it's a little over my budget as well as the x58 install seems much more complicated/trouble prone plus an ATI video card...

Two questions about swapping hardware though.

What other NVIDIA video cards are compatible with Hackintoshes/This build in particular that are included in Multibeast? is there a directory for this on the forum? so it's a simple install... I need something for serious photo editing...

Also, would the i5-760 work for this build? or not. the extra processing power would be nice. What would have to be changed?

Thanks!

From what I've read the 760 should work fine in this build (sadly, it wasn't out when i built mine). You may even be able to ditch the aftermarket cooler if they've improved the stock cooler, but I'd go for it just in case. If you don't care about a low profile cooler, you can go for the Mugen-2 instead of the Shuriken.

As for nVidia cards, drivers for the Fermi cards are still in development, but I *think* anything earlier than the Fermi cards should work fine. Make sure to post your potential build in Buying Advice: viewforum.php?f=22 , just to make sure everything is Vanilla. If there are any problems, Tony, MacMan, or Lnx2Mac will probably catch them :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back