Contribute
Register

checkout my hackintosh build and give your suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
Intel i5 4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So i am planning to build a hackintosh for music production and gaming (dual booting windows)
The parts i have chosen are:
Gigabyte GA-Z97m-D3h
i5 4690k
Kingston 128gb ssd
7200 rpm hdd for windows
Sapphire Radeon R9 270x
Prodigy m matx case
Corsair 650 watt
8gb corsair vengeance
I will be overclockin cpu so reccomend a cpu cooler, tell me a little about gpu and cpu overclocking. Is everything compaitable, this is my first build.
Your suggestions are valuable ☺.

So i am planning to build a hackintosh for music production and gaming (dual booting windows)
The parts i have chosen are:
Gigabyte GA-Z97m-D3h
i5 4690k
Kingston 128gb ssd
7200 rpm hdd for windows
Sapphire Radeon R9 270x
Prodigy m matx case
Corsair 650 watt
8gb corsair vengeance
I will be overclockin cpu so reccomend a cpu cooler, tell me a little about gpu and cpu overclocking. Is everything compaitable, this is my first build.

Welcome to you !

First of all, I'm not sure your GC is compatible, taking a look at Buyer's Guide any of the recommanded GPU is AMD chipset. You should check its compatibility through the forum. o_O

As a music composer myself, I'm using a lot a VST and plugins that requiered a lot of usable space. 128Gb is definitely to small to me. You'll be much confortable with 256Gb (at least).
Considering that your HDD will be Windows formated, either you make 2 partitions (1 NTFS / 1 HFS+) or you should think about buying another HDD, dedicated to music purpose.

Regarding CPU OC, you have some choosable presets on the BIOS of you mobo. I recommand to do that if you want to keep it simple and secure.
And you're right, you'll need a better CPU cooler than Intel one.
GPU are often already overclocked, no need to redo it here. :geek:

Good luck.

Welcome to you !

First of all, I'm not sure your GC is compatible, taking a look at Buyer's Guide any of the recommanded GPU is AMD chipset. You should check its compatibility through the forum. o_O

As a music composer myself, I'm using a lot a VST and plugins that requiered a lot of usable space. 128Gb is definitely to small to me. You'll be much confortable with 256Gb (at least).
Considering that your HDD will be Windows formated, either you make 2 partitions (1 NTFS / 1 HFS+) or you should think about buying another HDD, dedicated to music purpose.

Regarding CPU OC, you have some choosable presets on the BIOS of you mobo. I recommand to do that if you want to keep it simple and secure.
And you're right, you'll need a better CPU cooler than Intel one.
GPU are often already overclocked, no need to redo it here. :geek:

Good luck.
Thanks for your answer... ☺
I have asked a few people about the r9 270x they said that it works out of the box.
Thanks again....

Thanks for your answer... ☺
I have asked a few people about the r9 270x they said that it works out of the box.
Thanks again....

Can I suggest that you change the SSD to a different model as the one that you have listed is well known to be about as fast as a 1TB spinning disk - its not good performance or value option. A Samsung or Crucial MX100 would be a far superior buy.

Can I suggest that you change the SSD to a different model as the one that you have listed is well known to be about as fast as a 1TB spinning disk - its not good performance or value option. A Samsung or Crucial MX100 would be a far superior buy.

I ran a benchmark with CrystalDiskMark and the Seagate 1TB drive from the Buyer's guide
is actually faster that the 60, 120 and 240GB models of the Kingston V300 SSD. You can
see the results here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/deals-day...-ssd-specs-revealed-company-kingston-com.html

Here's the very best Bang for your Buck SSD right now: 850 EVO

$99 is amazing for a 250GB SSD of this quality with a 5 year warranty. Why spend over $50
on a slow SSD with less than 1/2 the capacity, that won't improve your user experience much over
a mechanical HDD ?

Depends how much you are overclocking, if its just a bit (IE .5MHZ) then the coolermaster hyper 212 EVO
will be great, if your doing a serious overclock then a water cooler (like the CM Seidon 120M) will be the best bet for you but you may need a larger case.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back