Graphics
no graphics card
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got as far as the step where you update to 10.6.8 with the Combo Update and I did Multibeast.
I ejected iBoot.
I reboot the computer.

Then I am in a boot loop. I see the boot screen that looks like iBoot, but it's my Snow Leopard installation, but a download bar is counting down and 3 seconds later it reboots the computer. Then the boot screen that looks like iBoot, but it's my Snow Leopard installation repeats.

I am able to prompt "-v" to get to the the verbose boot and here is the screen shot before it loops over and over again.

image.jpg

Looks like my CPU is not recognized!

GA-H87N-Wifi
Intel i3-4640
8GB Ram
MI-008

Please help.

> Help world.

I got as far as the step where you update to 10.6.8 with the Combo Update and I did Multibeast.
I ejected iBoot.
I reboot the computer.

GA-H87N-Wifi
Intel i3-4640
8GB Ram
MI-008

Please help.

> Help world.
Of course CPU is not recognized - Apple quit updating 10.6 long before Haswell hardware hit the market.
Which is why it will not boot without iBoot CD.
Download Mavericks and install it if you want OS X to run on your hardware.

I ejected iBoot.
I reboot the computer.

Then I am in a boot loop. I see the boot screen that looks like iBoot, but it's my Snow Leopard installation, but a download bar is counting down and 3 seconds later it reboots the computer. Then the boot screen that looks like iBoot, but it's my Snow Leopard installation repeats.

I am able to prompt "-v" to get to the the verbose boot and here is the screen shot before it loops over and over again.

View attachment 105402

GA-H87N-Wifi
Intel i3-4640
8GB Ram
MI-008

Please help.

> Help world.

A Juan and a Two...

Lets take this from the top again....

You hardware is not going to work on SL due to the old Kernel that Apple has in OSX SL.

So you need to get something that has hardware information about your hardware and that would BE Mavericks.

But for you to get their you need to have a working SL machine...

So using the iBOOT CD (Haswell) we install core OSX SL 10.6.4 from the Apple Retail DVD - we up then update to 10.6.8 update we reboot w the iBOOT CD.

Then we install the software update 1.0 for SL
http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1512

Then we download Mavericks and Make the USB..to boot from and install Mavericks.

AT no point with this hardware do we use the MultiBeast utility - this is only used when we have it on mavericks.

A Juan and a Two...

Lets take this from the top again....

You hardware is not going to work on SL due to the old Kernel that Apple has in OSX SL.

So you need to get something that has hardware information about your hardware and that would BE Mavericks.

But for you to get their you need to have a working SL machine...

So using the iBOOT CD (Haswell) we install core OSX SL 10.6.4 from the Apple Retail DVD - we up then update to 10.6.8 update we reboot w the iBOOT CD.

Then we install the software update 1.0 for SL
http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1512

Then we download Mavericks and Make the USB..to boot from and install Mavericks.

AT no point with this hardware do we use the MultiBeast utility - this is only used when we have it on mavericks.

Daaaaannngg.. Heartbreak.. I think I miraculously have a working Mavericks drive, but it is buggy because I ran some Multibeast - Snow Leopard Edition.

Three things concern me:
1. No audio wake/sleep
2. No HDMI audio
3. Cannot Boot from Unibeast post install (so no rescue) this is my biggest concern.

I think I should start over because I am trying to get HDMI audio to work, and I need a native AppleHDA.kext and I can't boot up from Unibeast.

Thanks guys! This is definitely a fun trip, I spent all day trying to make a Hackintosh and I kind of like the idea of messing around with things, and then having to reinstall it all together. Hope this will make me useful to the community in the long run :ugeek:

Thanks guys! This is definitely a fun trip, I spent all day trying to make a Hackintosh and I kind of like the idea of messing around with things, and then having to reinstall it all together. Hope this will make me useful to the community in the long run :ugeek:

You will certainly learn more from making mistakes and solving problems than if you install once and walk away with a perfectly working build the first time. :thumbup:

GB...

But thats what I have been forced to believe every since I went to Burger King ... that I could get it 'My Way"....

Oh so disappointed ...I am crushed.

totenkopf

"one does not simply Install MAC OS on a PC"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back