1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
General Information:
Looking for a few seasoned hackintosh users to check my build and see if there is anything I can change to make the build as good as possible. This is my first ever hackintosh build and I would greatly appreciate some insight into the hardware selection process.

Intended uses:
1) Gaming- I vastly prefer OSX to gaming as I literally only play games developed by Blizzard. (WoW, Diablo, Starcraft)
2) Word Processing Machine - Pages, Numbers and Keynote
3) Educational uses- I plan to use the machine at home for my Computer Science classes. I am not an expert programmer by any means and the stuff I will do in school can be done on a $300 laptop.

Preferences:
1) Keep the machine under $2000
2) The absolute best GPU that works with little to no bugs in OSX
3) A SSD because once you go SSD you can't go back.
4) Also I need a case, something that will hold everything and be as non-"gamer" as possible. ie. no flashing lights or crazy amount of fans/side panels. I want it to be as close to a solid enclosure as possible and high quality. Still interested in seeing other cases if they are superior to the Fractal.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.99 @ Newegg)
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($54.99 @ Newegg)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Force ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($299.49 @ Newegg)
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($189.99 @ Newegg)
  • Storage: Sandisk Extreme 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($227.27 @ TigerDirect)
  • Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
  • Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($42.92 @ B&H)
  • Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($88.98 @ Newegg)

• Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)

• Headphones: Astro A50 Circumaural Headset - Black 7.1 Channel Headset ($299.99 @ Newegg)

• Other: Das Keyboard Professional Model S for Mac ($133.00)
Total: $1993.60

Thank you very much for your precious time!

P.S. my forum formatting skills are terrible, sorry for the wall of text eyesore

Love that case, I've updated my original post with some changes as well. Thanks for the input and my apologies about the part picker link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back