Contribute
Register

Check in: Do you have to lower your multiplier or not?

Do you have to set your multiplier to 32x to get your system to boot

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Running GA-P67A-UD4, old chipset, BIOS F6, i7-2600k. Set multiplier to 32x,
disable turbo, install with iBoot-Legacy. Then change turbo settings to
TDP 110W, allow turbo to 43x on 1,2,3,4 cores.

Seems to work fine, though I'm suffering the Fermi freeze issue when I try
to do 3D stuff with the GTX480 (BTW, I used a 9500GT card to get the installation
bootstrapped to the point where I could install the tonymac NVidia update).

Could this be something: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4130/the- ... e-at-190/7

"Though in the name of stability, the launch BIOS has significant issues with turbo boosting, where only a 1x multiplier boost gets applied at any thread loading, rather than 4x/3x/2x. It wasn't as simple as downloading the latest BIOS from the website and updating - in order to get it to work properly, I had to load in an OS, and download the latest version of @BIOS, their BIOS updating tool, and grab the latest BIOS. You cannot use the version of @BIOS on the CD, you need the latest version, and you cannot use QFlash in the BIOS, as they both do not recognise any BIOS F6 or above as valid. I downloaded the latest BIOS file from the website, and use @BIOS to update from the file. At the time of writing, the F7b BIOS is the latest, which implements turbo modes correctly."

Is anyone running F7? (I'm not..)

Nope for me. I installed OS X perfectly fine on my system without doing ANYTHING. I had my CPU at 4.8GHz with everything enabled (EIST, Turbo, etc.) and my SATA ports set to AHCI.

Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H-B3

Core i5 2500

busratio = 32

tonymacx86 said:
Ok well- then it IS Asus vs. Gigabyte. Any other confirmations?

grdn said:
Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 with an Intel Core i3 2100. Reboot cycle at 31x. Boots successfully when lowering the multiplier to 30x.

Interesting. I have the same board and I can boot at 32x but not 33x. I have an i5-2500.

I didn't notice until after it had booted into OSX but my motherboard (GB p67a-ud3r-b3) had been reset with a multiplier to 34. My com...plist has a busratio set to 29 but about this mac shows a processor speed of 3.4ghz. Cinebench gave a higher reading compaered to a multiplier of 32.

By the way, I still have reset issues with the updated bios(f3).

Has anyone tried a higher multiplier since the new iboot/chameleon/bridge helper were just released?

lgalea said:
Has anyone tried a higher multiplier since the new iboot/chameleon/bridge helper were just released?

Yep, just did that, and now i can run my gigabyte GA-H67M-D2 with a i7 2600K at 3.4Ghz. I also updated the BIOS though.... I don't know if it was the new iboot/chameleon/bridgehelper or the latest BIOS that did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back