Contribute
Register

Check in: Do you have to lower your multiplier or not?

Do you have to set your multiplier to 32x to get your system to boot

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
JoshNYC said:
Seems like something is different with the Gigabyte boards but make sure you've set you turbo multiplier a bit higher than your base otherwise it's hard to tell the difference in performance. I guess the safer thing would be to lower your base and leave turbo around 34.

On this board you can't adjust turbo multipliers, you can just enable them or not. They're fixed at 38, 36, 36 and 35. Still between 33 and 38 I should see at least a small difference, but the score stays exactly the same at 10030.

(edit) also when I mess with the bus clock for instance increasing it to 100.3 which gives me a CPU clock of 3.31GHz, I do see a difference in score - it goes up to 10046. So that seems pretty sensitive.

geekoverload said:
JoshNYC said:
Seems like something is different with the Gigabyte boards but make sure you've set you turbo multiplier a bit higher than your base otherwise it's hard to tell the difference in performance. I guess the safer thing would be to lower your base and leave turbo around 34.

On this board you can't adjust turbo multipliers, you can just enable them or not. They're fixed at 38, 36, 36 and 35. Still between 33 and 38 I should see at least a small difference, but the score stays exactly the same at 10030.

(edit) also when I mess with the bus clock for instance increasing it to 100.3 which gives me a CPU clock of 3.31GHz, I do see a difference in score - it goes up to 10046. So that seems pretty sensitive.

Are you using the vanilla 10.7.3 kernel??

geekoverload said:
tonymacx86 said:
Are you using the vanilla 10.7.3 kernel??
H

Yes, from Bridgehelper2

Odd- that means it can't be a gigabyte issue- maybe it's just people with 2500k on gigabyte?

Or maybe it's because this motherboard has a regular Award BIOS, not EFI. Who knows.

geekoverload said:
Or maybe it's because this motherboard has a regular Award BIOS, not EFI. Who knows.

Well my board has a standard Award bios too and I get the reboot loop. The only real difference I see between our setups is the CPU. What bios version? I'm wondering if it's not immature bioses at this point. :think:

Bios is F1. I haven't seen any reason to upgrade to the latest (F2) since it's unclear to me what was changed (if anything). They list no description.

tonymacx86 said:
Odd- that means it can't be a gigabyte issue- maybe it's just people with 2500k on gigabyte?

i3-2100 here and I got the reboot issue too, same mainboard (H67-MA-UD2H) as yours.

Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 with an Intel Core i3 2100. Reboot cycle at 31x. Boots successfully when lowering the multiplier to 30x.

Gordo74 said:
Real simple: Asus do not have to, Gigabyte and others do.

:headbang: :headbang: YEAH! :headbang: :headbang: Asus rocks! I am running the stock multiplier and can overclock but reverted to stock settings because I have no need to overclock at the moment and very much enjoy my ~28 degree CPU temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back