Contribute
Register

[Check] i3-4330 with H97N-WIFI and Dual Display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hey,

i built my first hackintosh 1 year ago (i3-4330, H87m-d3h) with OSX Mavericks 10.9, it worked well but then i sold the hardware and switched to a gaming setup.

Now i moved the gaming system into the living room connected to my TV and want to build a small desktop system for dayli use.

The parts:

Case: Antec ISK 110
CPU: Intel Core i3-4330(4350/4360)
GPU: Intel HD 4600
RAM: Crucial Ballistix (2x4GB)
Mainboard: Gigabyte H97N-WIFI
SSD: Crucial M550 128GB / 256GB
WIFI module: half height AR9280 pcie card (cause the onboard card is not working for osx)
PSU: 90W internal psu with with AC/DC Adapter

Now my few Questions are:

1. Is OSX Yosemite working native on this setup?

2. Can i use 2x HDMI ports to connect my 2xDell monitors without any issues? (i never had osx dual monitor setup)

3. My ssd is not on the buyers list but it should work as it is just another 3rd party ssd like samsung evo, or am i wrong on this?

4. I still got my Mavericks USB Boot stick, may i install osx 10.9 and download 10.10 with it to create a new usb boot stick? Any issues with mavericks and H97 mainboards?

Hope you can answer a few of these questions! :)

Greetings Xmstek

Hey,

i built my first hackintosh 1 year ago (i3-4330, H87m-d3h) with OSX Mavericks 10.9, it worked well but then i sold the hardware and switched to a gaming setup.

Now i moved the gaming system into the living room connected to my TV and want to build a small desktop system for dayli use.

The parts:

Case: Antec ISK 110
CPU: Intel Core i3-4330(4350/4360)
GPU: Intel HD 4600
RAM: Crucial Ballistix (2x4GB)
Mainboard: Gigabyte H97N-WIFI
SSD: Crucial M550 128GB / 256GB
WIFI module: half height AR9280 pcie card (cause the onboard card is not working for osx)
PSU: 90W internal psu with with AC/DC Adapter

Now my few Questions are:

1. Is OSX Yosemite working native on this setup?

2. Can i use 2x HDMI ports to connect my 2xDell monitors without any issues? (i never had osx dual monitor setup)

3. My ssd is not on the buyers list but it should work as it is just another 3rd party ssd like samsung evo, or am i wrong on this?

4. I still got my Mavericks USB Boot stick, may i install osx 10.9 and download 10.10 with it to create a new usb boot stick? Any issues with mavericks and H97 mainboards?

Hope you can answer a few of these questions! :)

Greetings Xmstek

Your SSD should work just fine - check with Crucial to see if the SSD firmware is up to date for OS X. Not sure if your PSU will have enough power - I would feel safer with something about twice that power output.

These two threads will answer most of your other questions and give you further help:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ga-h97n-wifi-i5-4690-hd4600-two-monitors.html

Stork has done plenty of installs with this board. Check out the links in his guides for more information where required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back