Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Cheapest kit for Airdrop, Continuity / Handoff - Wifi not important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX H370 ATX
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, New to the forum, and looking for some advice.
Ive built my hackintosh, and everything is working fine on high Sierra, except airdrop, continuity and handoff.
my motherboard does not have bluetooth, or wifi natively.

Ive read the thread on here with suggestions about a Broadcom card and a PCI adapter. but there seems to be so many different choices.

For me Wifi speed or range is not important, as I will be using ethernet at all times.
I am looking for the cheapest solution to solve airdrop, continuity and handoff.
so far I've found this on amazon: bcm94360cd adapter. is this the cheapest / easiest solution?

if I've broken any formatting or forum rules with this post I'm sorry.

Yes, the Fenvi card you linked will work for you. Looks like Newegg has the best price. Many people use this card already. If you don't mind waiting a few weeks, make an offer of $28 for this from cityeliter on Ebay. They are a reputable seller.

Last edited:

These are low cost and pre-built for you. Looks like Newegg has the best price. Many people use this card already. If you don't mind waiting a few weeks, make an offer of $28 for this from cityeliter on Ebay. They are a reputable seller.

I don't mind waiting a few weeks. cityeliter has a lot of items on sale, I'm afraid to purchase the wrong thing. can you link me a complete kit from him I can bid on?

a complete kit from him I can bid on?
It is already a complete kit, the adapter with the card installed. Nothing else to buy.

It is already a complete kit, the adapter with the card installed. Nothing else to buy.
ok thanks! :) I will go for this one then: BCM94360CS2
Last question:
Do you know if it will fit in my motherboard?
ASUS ROG Strix H370-F
I head I may need a splitter for the usb slot on the motherboard

Last edited:
Do you know if it will fit in my motherboard?
You install it in a PCIe x1 slot. Use any of the open USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard for the BT cable connection. No reason you'll need a splitter.

sorry to resurrected the post. at the end did you use this card? the wifi and bt was enable natively without any modification. ?
No problem, Yep i did, its working great. The bluetooth is a little weak though, trying to use my airpods pro doesnt work very well. they cut out, and quality goes down a lot. But airdrop, handoff and wifi works fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back