Gigabyte Z370n
CPU
i3 8100
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello

I want to build new budget hackitosh (mojave) with Intel i3 8100 (with UHD 630 as a graphic card), Crucial Balistix 2666 8GB RAM, SSD Crucial MX500 240GB and put it to Antec ISK 110 case. I have problem with choosing the itx mobo. Like I wrote I want to build budget hackitosh but all recommended mobos in Buyer's Guide are rather expensive. I assume H310 mobos aren't good choose for hackintosh, then cheapest mobos are on B360 chipset. Cheapest B360 are:
  • ASRock B360M-ITX/AC,
  • Gigabyte B360N WIFI,
  • MSI B360I GAMING PRO AC,
I'm looking for cheapest and less problematic mobo from three above. Do you help me with best option for me? The Gigabyte mobo is worst in my opinion because is not compatible with 4k@60Hz and I don't like it because of it. Most feature have MSI and this mobo is me favorite but how is compability with mojave? Someone help me? Thanks :)

Look for an itx board with displayport. I think there is an H310 Msi itx motherboard with displayport and a wifi slot and m.2 pci 2.0 (get an m.2 sata for that slot makes cable management in that tiny case easier and costs roughly the same). Anything Non-Z may need framebuffer connector patches, I use an H310 Pro VH which is probably the cheapest motherboard and took me weeks of searching to get that HDMI port working, the VGA actually worked perfectly but obviously didn't want VGA. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...r-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/page-51 maybe useful if you get a blank display).

If you get a displayport motherboard (displayport + hdmi is a good combo) then you can pretty much get acceleration with L+G. If not you may have to fiddle with the framebuffer wiki and figure things out. Also curretly my UHD630 doesn't play DRM content, Need to figure that out. Also get dual channel memory (and 2400 if you never plan on upgrading the cpu in that limited case with very limited power brick).

Also, Good luck with your Hackintosh!

Thank you for reply [B]ckt25[/B]. I decided to buy Gigabyte Z390N WIFI because (I had a luck, brought on sale). I know I spend extra money but I looked less problematic mobo (it was my nr 1 goal), we will see if it was good choise ;) Now I waiting for processor and ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back