i3 2100
Graphics
XFX HD5450
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
  4. Other
Hi! Searching on eBay for a laptop, I found this HP Compaq 6510b for just 70£ with also a very good duration of the battery.
Specs:
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5250
  • Graphics: Intel GM965 (X3100)
  • RAM: 3GB DDR2
  • HDD: 160GB SATA II
  • Wi-Fi: Intel 3945ABG
I installed on it OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), updated to 10.10.5 via the App Store.
It works, but there's 3 problems. Battery indicator, Wi-Fi, and the Graphics. I don't know how to fix the Battery Indicator, already tried AHCIBatteryManager.kext, need help for patching DSDT.
For the graphics I install these kext and in Chameleon v2.3svn r2538 I set GraphicsEnabler=No. It work for viewing 720p videos on Youtube (tested with Safari), and in Quicktime. The DVD Player and VLC won't work.
I also fix the touchpad scrolling that initially doesn't work, editing VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
May I can install an Airport Extreme card for fix the Wi-Fi problem. Ethernet, Firewire, and Bluetooth work perfectly.

Finally, it's a perfect Hackintosh if you use it for Web Browsing, viewing films and videos (720p=>) and for office.

Kext download: drive.google.com/open?id=0B3dAk3EoFpxrdGFLWGFHR3BZZGs

Last edited:
Hi! Searching on eBay for a laptop, I found this HP Compaq 6510b for just 70£ with also a very good duration of the battery.
Specs:
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5250
  • Graphics: Intel GM965 (X3100)
  • RAM: 3GB DDR2
  • HDD: 160GB SATA II
  • Wi-Fi: Intel 3945ABG
I installed on it OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), updated to 10.10.5 via the App Store.
It works, but there's 3 problems. Battery indicator, Wi-Fi, and the Graphics. I don't know how to fix the Battery Indicator, already tried AHCIBatteryManager.kext, need help for patching DSDT.
For the graphics I install these kext and in Chameleon v2.3svn r2538 I set GraphicsEnabler=No. It work for viewing 720p videos on Youtube (tested with Safari), and in Quicktime. The DVD Player and VLC won't work.
I also fix the touchpad scrolling that initially doesn't work, editing VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
May I can install an Airport Extreme card for fix the Wi-Fi problem. Ethernet, Firewire, and Bluetooth work perfectly.

Finally, it's a perfect Hackintosh if you use it for Web Browsing, viewing films and videos (720p=>) and for office.

Kext download: drive.google.com/open?id=0B3dAk3EoFpxrdGFLWGFHR3BZZGs

GMA X3100 not supported in 64-bit OS X. (Need Lion or Snow Leopard for 32-bit/X3100).

Also, read FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

GMA X3100 not supported in 64-bit OS X. (Need Lion or Snow Leopard for 32-bit/X3100).

Also, read FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I know that GMA X3100 is not supported in OS X versions above Lion (32bit), I just used this kext (drive.google.com/open?id=0B3dAk3EoFpxrdGFLWGFHR3BZZGs) for resolution change and for partial Graphics Acceleration. I'm using the laptop in 1280x800, it work pretty good, for a 2007 laptop.

I know that GMA X3100 is not supported in OS X versions above Lion (32bit), I just used this kext (drive.google.com/open?id=0B3dAk3EoFpxrdGFLWGFHR3BZZGs) for resolution change and for partial Graphics Acceleration. I'm using the laptop in 1280x800, it work pretty good, for a 2007 laptop.

It is a beta driver from early ML before 32-bit was dropped. Good luck with that.
Read FAQ for your other queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back