Contribute
Register

Cheapest GFX for High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the gt710 2GB and its working perfectly except one small thing, when using Kodi and scrolling through movies I'm getting a bit of juddering, I don't even get that using crappy integrated graphics....apart from that it performs very well.

Out of interest what sys def do u use? Any idea what could be causing this?

I have just purchased a GT710 and am currently waiting to take delivery. Luckily I don't use Kodi so hopefully everything works 100%.

As for system definitions, I am still on MacPro 3.1 on El Capitan but plan on using iMac 11.3 (closest to my i5 system) rather than iMac 14.2 for my Sierra/High Sierra upgrade. When I last attempted to install Sierra I tried 14.2 and found my system ran a bit slower than when using the MacPro SysDef. Please report back with which you go with and if it works smoothly.

I have just purchased a GT710 and am currently waiting to take delivery. Luckily I don't use Kodi so hopefully everything works 100%.

As for system definitions, I am still on MacPro 3.1 on El Capitan but plan on using iMac 11.3 (closest to my i5 system) rather than iMac 14.2 for my Sierra/High Sierra upgrade. When I last attempted to install Sierra I tried 14.2 and found my system ran a bit slower than when using the MacPro SysDef. Please report back with which you go with and if it works smoothly.
The 710 is very reasonably priced right now, I only bought one as my 430 isn't supported and I haven't needed to buy anything for about 5 years so I don't mind really.

If it wasn't for the issue in Kodi I honestly wouldn't be aware of any issues at all, the 710 is performing really well in general so I think you'll be happy with it.

Im using macpro5,1 sysdef but only because ive been using that for a couple of years now with no issues, I have no idea if that's the best sysdef to use on High Sierra or if it even makes any difference, thats why I asked.
I have an i5 system as well, tbh the 'issue' I speak of is only very slight, but its definitely not something I had with gt430 or integrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back