Contribute
Register

Cheapest Easiest Mini PCIe Wifi Bluetooth Combo Configuration for Hackintosh (Native Support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get your wifi working Billyjack? With handoff support?

its working, I'm not sure what handoff support is , probably some cool feature I don't use lol ill post some install photos below

not the best photos but I'm in a hurry and late for work haha

Attachments

• IMG_3437.JPG
    IMG_3437.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,190
  • IMG_3438.JPG
    IMG_3438.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,128
Hi all!

Let me just start by saying I've gotten absolutely no feedback on anything I've ever posted on this website so if this post helps anyone out feel free to leave a comment.

After several weeks of trial and error buying different Mini PCIe cards and trying to follow the various guides on this website to get something working for under 30 dollars that would give me Wifi and Bluetooth via Mini PCIe, I've finally found the perfect parts for it and am surprised that it took me so long so that's basically why I'm creating this forum post.

Here are the 2 parts that I ordered from eBay:

Broadcom BCM94331CD (~$11 http://www.ebay.com/itm/BROADCOM-AP...H-CARD-BCM94331CD-607-8967-USA-/331817916327? )
Mini PCI-E Adapter for BCM94360CD/BCM94331CD (~9$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/252247256542 )

There are other posts I've seen mentioning that adapter but most of the Airport cards that work with it either cost an absurd amount of money or don't have the proper antenna connectors. All of this cost me less than 20 dollars although I went for items located in the US for faster shipping. It would be even cheaper if you were to order them from China.

This setup is perfect for the CustoMac Mini build or anything using a board that only has one PCIe slot. I have graphics card occupying my PCIe so now I can still have internal built in Wifi and Bluetooth and it works natively without having to mess with any kext enablers or any of that bull****. And since this part is pulled straight from an iMac it should have full compatibility with features like Handoff, although I have not tested it yet. It also works perfectly in Windows 10 if you're dual booting, just download the drivers from the Boot Camp Assistant and you're good to go.

One last thing to note is that I did have to actually cut in half the adapter that I purchased because it was partially obstructing the area where the antenna needed to connect to the Airport card. This might not be the case for you but it shouldn't affect anything as all the actual electronics are at the bottom of the device.

I have ordered based on your experience I already have a BCM94352Z Wifi+BT combo card... BCM94352Z Bluetooth never works in my hackintosh. I hope this card+adapter combo can work in MSI Z170i Pro-AC Mobo and Silverstone RVZ02B Case.

I have ordered based on your experience I already have a BCM94352Z Wifi+BT combo card... BCM94352Z Bluetooth never works in my hackintosh. I hope this card+adapter combo can work in MSI Z170i Pro-AC Mobo and Silverstone RVZ02B Case.

Hello,
the MSI Z170i Pro-AC Pro uses an M.2 card. The adapter that your replying from is for Mini PCIe card. You would need a different card with different adapter. See this post:
[100% Working] 12+6 Pin Apple WiFI/BT Card to M.2 NGFF Adapter! Handoff! Unlock with Watch! UEFI!

I am using the same card on the above post with no issues.

Edit: I saw your recent post and it looks like you did get the card on this post. I was a bit late reading it. Sorry.

Maybe I should test the Wifi. Even though I've had my build for some time I never use the WiFi. I always have it connected via ethernet. When I tested it the 1st time everything was working but that was a while back.

@aztlan78
I have this new problem. Wifi displays SSID but turning On does nothing. Says cannot connect.
i tried connecting in Windows too. But the problem is persistent.
All my other devices connects to this wifi without any problems

Any solutions ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 10.49.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 10.49.02 PM.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 186
Sorry to run around like mad cow.
Fix for Wifi Not working, Bluetooth working perfectly was

Problem::
“Antennas were disconnect when I tightened the nuts during installation”

Fix :::
Reconnect the cable and hand tighten it.
Restart the computer …. Bang it works……

Thank you! We share the same experience. Most posts are either rude (we answered this on pay 9 of 25 of thread x 3 years ago you jerk) or unanswered. This has been helpful in my rebuild of spare parts for a Hackintosh for my sister without spending $! And it came up in Google under multiple searches so that's a huge plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back