Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
What's the cheapest configuration to run leopard snow with minor effort?

I need it to study cocoa touch on xcode for educational purpose, so I do not need a powerful pc.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

HP DC7700 SFF, about $130 on ebay, Low Profile graphics card = $40, retail SL DVD $30.

for about $200 you could have a solid Hackintosh.

Thanks for the reply, but I have already case(ATX), psu(450w), hard drive(wd caviar green 500gb) and ram (2gb ddr3 kingston).

I would prefer something new and not refurbished.

Can I easily install snow leo (10.6 or later) on a PC with Socket 775 or 1156 is better?

sorry misunderstood your question, sure SL will work on a socket 775 PC, you could get a gigabyte mombo like the ep-45-ud3l, intel CPU C2D or QC which ever your budget is and ddr2 memory for cheap. Video card option are plenty and if you are not going to play any games you can get solid nVidia card as cheap as $30 and higher

I am sorry too. I'm Italian and my English might be bad. I apologize in advance for future misunderstandings.

I'm seriously thinking of converting my configuration(amd phenom II x4 965/ asus m4a785td-v evo with u3s6 ) in a i7 870 / ga-h55-usb3.

Selling old hardware with a balance of € 100, I could do everything, I would get a better machine at a lower price.

I've a powercolor ati 4890 pcs+, is it compatible with SL?

Thanks again.

Socket 1156 is the best option today. H57 is a better choice then H55 chipset.

If you dont plan on using the internal graphic card that is integrated in some processors, P55 is better choice because you get more external ports.

You say you dont need a powerful system, then Core i3 500 series is the best choice. If you want performance a i7 processor is the best for the money on socket 1156.

I did a search for radeon 4890 in the forum. Take a look and see if it works: search.php?keywords=radeon+4890&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

originally i wanted to build a cheap PC, but in the end,upgrade my pc costs less.

ga-H57-usb3 costs 40€ more then ga-h55-usb3, it's worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back