Contribute
Register

Cheaper motherboards: are B250, B360, H310 chipsets supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DH55HC
CPU
i5-750
Graphics
GTX 950 2GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I see on Buyer's Guide that all recommended products are with motherboards higher end chipsets, which can be quite expensive. What about the cheap ones? Aren't supported/recommended?

Thanks.

Find builds which use those boards here:

Thanks for replying @trs96, but why these cheaper parts don't go to the recommended parts on Buyer's Guide?

I see on Buyer's Guide that all recommended products are with motherboards higher end chipsets, which can be quite expensive. What about the cheap ones? Aren't supported/recommended?

Thanks.
I've installed latest Mojave on Asus Q170M-C, Asus H310T, Asus B250M-C and Asus B360M-C, and Catalina (19A501i) on the B360M-C. In all cases, installation went smoothly with no major issues.

why these cheaper parts don't go to the recommended parts on Buyer's Guide?
Because the BG is already way too big already. That's why. If we included every possible working motherboard it just wouldn't be useful. I suppose we could just say use any Intel based motherboard and leave it at that.

Running 10.14.5 on a MSI B360m mobo. My hack never been so perfect. I've got everything working with minimal kexts and patches. My config.plist is little as possible. No kernel panics, performance is awesome. QuickSync, iMessage, PM, sleep/hibernation, sound etc...everything works. I feel like im working on a native Mac.

Every Z-whatever motherboard (starting with Z68) I have ever used is still able to run Mojave. The H61 died with the move to clover because no UEFI bios. Get a cheap Z-whatever motherboard. They are out there. Get an old Z68 Gigabyte mobo if you don't want to pay a lot of money. Just let one go for $33 on ebay

Which install guide did you follow for your system ?

I did vanilla Clover installation and then read a lot here and there to set everything up. The most time consuming was USBInjectAll custom DSDT but after i've figured it out everything else was easy as pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back