Contribute
Register

Cheap video card that works with dual monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P5K Pro
CPU
X5460
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

Is there anybody who can recommend me a cheap video card (the only requirements: 1gb, and nvidia), that works with two monitors without problems?

Currently I have a Gainward GTS 450GS, and first monitor is on hdmi, second is on VGA. They used to work in OS X El Capitan when i tried, but the fonts in the whole OS were blurry, even if it was 1080p in graphics settings. Plus, the pc was crashing very often: I've read that someone else with a GTS450 had the same problem (was also using dual monitors).

Thank you for your recommendations in advance!

Hello everyone,

Is there anybody who can recommend me a cheap video card (the only requirements: 1gb, and nvidia), that works with two monitors without problems?

Currently I have a Gainward GTS 450GS, and first monitor is on hdmi, second is on VGA. They used to work in OS X El Capitan when i tried, but the fonts in the whole OS were blurry, even if it was 1080p in graphics settings. Plus, the pc was crashing very often: I've read that someone else with a GTS450 had the same problem (was also using dual monitors).

You could find yourself a nice clean second hand GTX 650 or maybe a GTX 760 both of those cards are native in OS X.

Thank you! I might consider buying the 650 one. More recommendations are welcome, meanwhile :)

Hello everyone,

I just did a build using nVidia GT740 - No problems running dual monitors.. (DUAL DVI)

No Injection required

I just did a build using nVidia GT740 - No problems running dual monitors.. (DUAL DVI)

No Injection required

Thanks sir! That one looks like a good deal as well! Esp. that you can confirm by yourself that it works with two monitors.

Thanks sir! That one looks like a good deal as well! Esp. that you can confirm by yourself that it works with two monitors.

Running now ;) PIC attached

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back