Graphics
Gigabyte gtx460oc
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I already own a Hackintosh and I want to build another one for my little sister and I want it to be cheap, real Cheap!
I own a 1155 motherboard, a SATA II HDD and a case.
I want to see how cheap a Hack could be and if someone already buit one on a budget. :headbang:
Thank ya! ;)

You only need to add a CPU, a GPU and RAM, right?

So the cheapest socket 1155 CPU at this moment, is the Intel Celeron G530 (about € 38) Next a GeForce 210 videocard (about € 28).
And compatible RAM ... 2x 2GB DDR3 is about € 24

Plus a license of OS X Lion (€ 23).

So € 38 + € 28 + € 24 + € 23 = € 113
According to geekbench the G530 cpu should give a >4000 score ... :)

macpeter2 said:
You only need to add a CPU, a GPU and RAM, right?

So the cheapest socket 1155 CPU at this moment, is the Intel Celeron G530 (about € 38) Next a GeForce 210 videocard (about € 28).
And compatible RAM ... 2x 2GB DDR3 is about € 24

Plus a license of OS X Lion (€ 23).

So € 38 + € 28 + € 24 + € 23 = € 113
According to geekbench the G530 cpu should give a >4000 score ... :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
This thing is good even for video editing...and a power supply... ;)

denisberea said:
I already own a Hackintosh and I want to build another one for my little sister and I want it to be cheap, real Cheap!
I own a 1155 motherboard, a SATA II HDD and a case.
I want to see how cheap a Hack could be and if someone already buit one on a budget. :headbang:
Thank ya! ;)

Hey,

If you want cheap you could get a Celeron/Pentium CPU + a graphics card like the GT210 512MB, that's what I'm going to probably get since I've read that these parts work.

I'm really interested to see how your build goes. When are you building it? And are you running Snow Leopard or Lion or both? I'm going to probably dive into a build like this soon too and I want to make sure everything works out well since it'll be my first time.

Gordo74 said:
Jeremy, there is plenty of info in that thread above with answers to your questions :thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up Gordo!

xXxJeremy71xXx said:
I'm really interested to see how your build goes. When are you building it? And are you running Snow Leopard or Lion or both? I'm going to probably dive into a build like this soon too and I want to make sure everything works out well since it'll be my first time.
In a month or two max! I'll run Lion...I got used to it and Hacks are fun to build! In my country parts are a little expensive...I'll get to U When I'll finish it and post my buil on the forum :D
If U start earlyer, get back to me because I am very curious :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back