Contribute
Register

Cheap Hackintosh Buying advice Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
denisberea said:
xXxJeremy71xXx said:
I'm really interested to see how your build goes. When are you building it? And are you running Snow Leopard or Lion or both? I'm going to probably dive into a build like this soon too and I want to make sure everything works out well since it'll be my first time.
In a month or two max! I'll run Lion...I got used to it and Hacks are fun to build! In my country parts are a little expensive...I'll get to U When I'll finish it and post my buil on the forum :D
If U start earlyer, get back to me because I am very curious :D :D :D

I definitely will! I need a computer soon anyway, mine is probably a 6 or 7 year old PC that's running a Pentium D. Very slow! Plus Windows just makes me mad. :p

xXxJeremy71xXx said:
denisberea said:
xXxJeremy71xXx said:
I'm really interested to see how your build goes. When are you building it? And are you running Snow Leopard or Lion or both? I'm going to probably dive into a build like this soon too and I want to make sure everything works out well since it'll be my first time.
In a month or two max! I'll run Lion...I got used to it and Hacks are fun to build! In my country parts are a little expensive...I'll get to U When I'll finish it and post my buil on the forum :D
If U start earlyer, get back to me because I am very curious :D :D :D

I definitely will! I need a computer soon anyway, mine is probably a 6 or 7 year old PC that's running a Pentium D. Very slow! Plus Windows just makes me mad. :p
Windows pulls down any PC configuration :( Windoze sucks!!! That's why I made my Hackintosh....poor's man Mac :thumbup: and it works like a charm! ;)

Hey I looked at your other build and I saw that you first installed SL. Did everything install fine? Did you use the Update Helper from TonyMac for Sandy Bridge chips?

Thanks

xXxJeremy71xXx said:
Hey I looked at your other build and I saw that you first installed SL. Did everything install fine? Did you use the Update Helper from TonyMac for Sandy Bridge chips?

Thanks
Had problems with the video card. Yes, I did use the Update Helper. It does not work (update fails and get kernel panic) without it!!! I had SL for like 2 weeks...Then Lion :headbang:

denisberea said:
goober296 said:
Unless you really need sl i suggest a clean lion install using gordos thread, works great!! viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306
I think Lion is better...I think; it really is :thumbup: Thank you! :D

Yeah I want Lion too but I will have to go through SL first since I don`t own or have access to a Mac. Well actually, the thing that sucks is my school has like 100 of them but you can`t use them to download programs and such. Plus, I think that they aren`t updated to 10.6.7

xXxJeremy71xXx said:
denisberea said:
goober296 said:
Unless you really need sl i suggest a clean lion install using gordos thread, works great!! viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306
I think Lion is better...I think; it really is :thumbup: Thank you! :D

Yeah I want Lion too but I will have to go through SL first since I don`t own or have access to a Mac. Well actually, the thing that sucks is my school has like 100 of them but you can`t use them to download programs and such. Plus, I think that they aren`t updated to 10.6.7
Installing Mac OSX on a PC is simple as 3,14 ;) There are lots of tutorials and this forum can help you with everything you'll need in order to get it done! First start with your machine components and from there on is simple. Check other member's builds and see what is good for you. You don't have to spend big $ to get a exceptional Hackintosh.
Again...Start with your machine and get your SL installation disk and move up from there. This forum has your back :headbang:

Yep I definitely know that. I've been here on this forum for a couple of months now and this place is really solid for helpful and informational posts. When I do start I know this community will have my back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back