Contribute
Register

Cheap Computer for Video Editing/Visual Effects HOBBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rebooted a couple of times, and it did not have the fuzzy screen only one time. My MultiBeast boot option is set to 1080p display mode, but it still booted with the fuzzy screen before I checked that option. I am using a 1600x900 monitor through HDMI, but OSX sees it as a 1080p monitor.

If you are using 1600x900x32 resolution then you can correct the .plist:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104463-how-edit-plist.html

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>

Adrian B

So I followed that thread, and it worked! No more fuzzy screen! One more question. Is it possible to adjust the speeds of my fans? I have 2 fans other than my CPU cooler, and they are both a bit loud. (running at 1430 RPM)

Also, is it possible to have a dual monitor setup using HDMI and VGA straight from the motherboard? I connected my second monitor via VGA, but nothing happened.

So I followed that thread, and it worked! No more fuzzy screen! One more question. Is it possible to adjust the speeds of my fans? I have 2 fans other than my CPU cooler, and they are both a bit loud. (running at 1430 RPM)

Also, is it possible to have a dual monitor setup using HDMI and VGA straight from the motherboard? I connected my second monitor via VGA, but nothing happened.
In the bios you can manually adjust the speed of the fans.

Yes, dual monitors are supported, except VGA does not work with OSX. If you motherboard has another connector (such as Display Port) you should be able to use that.

So there's no way I can adjust the fan speeds in OSX?

There is nothing in OS X to control fan speeds whether on a laptop or a desktop. PWM fans plugged into the motherboard have three settings available - this is through UEFI BIOS only. The other option is to purchase dedicated slow running fans for quietness or use something like this (not ideal but a simple solution)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811995073

I am not aware of other working solutions of controlling fan speeds in OS X. If you see other options check that they are not reliant on Windows to work.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back