Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
A friend recently built me a system. It is running Snow Leopard 10.6.6 with an i7 Core. I have been warned by my builder that changing anything in the system could mess up my OS and kill the functionality. Now, my video card (Sparkle Nvidia GTX+ 9800 512mB) seems to have taken a dive. It has been difficult to find a replacement because the card is a couple years old. I can find a newer video card with bigger specs, but I am fearful of upgrading after my builder's warnings. Am I stuck with a non-working machine now?

Thanks for this Jester, I think I will actually purchase this card as well.

Ok guys have a question along same lines. In list of supported hardware it list specific manufacture. I am looking at a ati 6850 will any make work or must it be manufacture that is listed ?

From what my builder told me, any little difference (Manufacturer, memory, etc.) can make a big difference in the functionality. I purchased a card on the "compatible graphics cards" list and, although I am getting a picture now, the OS is not successfully starting up. I don't know how to interrupt the startup procedure to change the programming to use the new card, so I still don't have a working machine.

Replaced Sparkle Nvidia GTX+ 9800 512 mB with a Galaxy GeForce GT 430 1024 mB (also Nvidia tech).

Image appears on the monitor, but not a working computer.

ok thankyou that changes what i will buy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back