CPU
I7 2600K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What is the minimum amount of fields necessary in Clover's SMBIOS so that OS X El Capitan recognizes a specific type of mac? I currently have imac 12,2 and wish to change it to imac 14,2 without breaking my imessage. I need to do this, as it is the only way I can get my second monitor to work correctly with my new GTX 960. I've tried generating a new clover config.plist with clover configurator and my monitor works, but unfortunately, that breaks my imessage (I get a red activation error when I try to login). I've also tried changing all the fields in my SMBIOS to the new ones generated by Clover Configurator, but leaving my custom UUID. Doing this causes my imessage seems to login correctly, but then I can't send any messages; I always get an error that the number or email is not registered with imessage.

After reading through the new iMessage fix thread, I've come to realize that this is impractical, and it is better to just generate a new SMBIOS using clover configurator. I've decided to keep my current SMBIOS (thus my iMessage still works) as changing my SMBIOS to 14,2 did nothing to alleviate the problem I was facing. It turns out that the second monitor works sporadically whether I am using 14,2 or 13,2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back