Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay, this is going to be the most noob question out there. I just got my Brix pro going with clover and everything worked like a charm. I only have audio issues, but I use a usb audio connector and that solved that for now. My stupid question is this:

How do I install a new theme onto my clover bootloader? I only installed the Bootcamp one because I was following the directions to the tee from the brix guide. Here is what I thought I should do:

1. Find the theme files and copy them over directly to the theme folder in clover.

or

Run the clover installer again and reinstall it on to the EFI partition, this time with more themes selected.

Am I off the mark? I am just getting used to this modern UEFI madness. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Okay, this is going to be the most noob question out there. I just got my Brix pro going with clover and everything worked like a charm. I only have audio issues, but I use a usb audio connector and that solved that for now. My stupid question is this:

How do I install a new theme onto my clover bootloader? I only installed the Bootcamp one because I was following the directions to the tee from the brix guide. Here is what I thought I should do:

1. Find the theme files and copy them over directly to the theme folder in clover.

or

Run the clover installer again and reinstall it on to the EFI partition, this time with more themes selected.

Am I off the mark? I am just getting used to this modern UEFI madness. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Easiest way to sort themes seems to be to use Clover Configurator and go up to the drop down menus at the top where you find a tab "Themes" in "Extra". There you can browse, download and apply themes.
Just dragging the Theme into the themes folder and changing the plist does not seem to actually change theme - at lease not for me - as it seems an operation in NVRam is required. The Clover Configurator does it all….

It worked like a charm. Although, after you load the theme in with Clover Configurator, you still need to update the name in the plist. All is good now. Thanks so much...:thumbup:

It worked like a charm. Although, after you load the theme in with Clover Configurator, you still need to update the name in the plist. All is good now. Thanks so much...:thumbup:

I am not sure why, but for me it does not matter if I change the plist or not.....the setting of the theme in Clover Configurator/Extra always sticks....I guess this is because it saves to NVRAM all the time and disregards the plist setting?

I am not sure why, but for me it does not matter if I change the plist or not.....the setting of the theme in Clover Configurator/Extra always sticks....I guess this is because it saves to NVRAM all the time and disregards the plist setting?
It does if Clover can successfully write to NVRAM or if you haven't intentionally disabled the function by adding <key>IgnoreNVRAMBoot</key> to your plist.

It does if Clover can successfully write to NVRAM or if you haven't intentionally disabled the function by adding <key>IgnoreNVRAMBoot</key> to your plist.

No, that's not in my plist…..maybe a function of me using a fusion drive perhaps. I believe I saw a script for curing that somewhere.

Speaking of noob.. I'm in the clover configurator and don't see any extra or theme menu. I see the "themes" in the sidebar under tools, but don't see any way to remove unwanted themes.

Speaking of noob.. I'm in the clover configurator and don't see any extra or theme menu. I see the "themes" in the sidebar under tools, but don't see any way to remove unwanted themes.

You can manually remove them by going to EFI ▸ EFI ▸ CLOVER ▸ themes and then deleting the unwanted themes in that folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back